How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to…

How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and… (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sterling Archer (Author)

Member:eyelit
Title:How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written
Authors:Sterling Archer (Author)
Info:It Books (2012), Edition: Original, 192 pages
Collections:Your library, MountTBR

How to Archer: The Ultimate Guide to Espionage and Style and Women and Also Cocktails Ever Written by Sterling Archer (2012)

Exactly what it says on the cover. Sterling Archer finds himself cornered into writing a how-to book on how to be, well, Sterling archer, and does so with equal portions surprising candor and unsurprising unhelpfulness. While I doubt this would be very entertaining to anyone who hasn't watched the television series, to those who have, this is a delight. Every single line is so very Archer, you can virtually hear the dry deliveries in the voice of H. Jon Benjamin as you read. ( )
  LokiAesir | Oct 23, 2018 |
Irreverent, hilarious, informative. I mean what more do you expect from Sterling Archer?! ( )
  Virago77 | Aug 3, 2017 |
A spot-on spin off from the TV series - impossible to read without hearing the character's voice in your head speaking every line. (This is a good thing as a professional voice actor is much better suited to monologuing than my own brain-voice is.) ( )
1 vote bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Hilarious ( )
  kwigginspost | Jan 25, 2016 |
Woodhouse? WOODHOUSE!

Get in here and review this damn book already. What the hell do I not pay you for, anyway?

And then fix me some eggs. ( )
  RevBobMIB | Oct 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062066315, Paperback)

Hi. I see you’re reading the back of my book. This tells me that you either:

A) are hoping to find a brief summary of what to expect from a how-to book by Sterling Archer, the world’s greatest secret agent, or B) don’t know how books work.

If your answer was “A,” your best bet is probably the table of contents, which is where you’ll find the “contents” of this book listed in a convenient, easy-to-read “table” format. So maybe go check that out for a minute and then come back here. I’ll wait. . . .

Pretty cool, right? What other book will teach you how to dress properly and how to drive an elephant? How to field strip an AK-47 and how to haggle with a Thai prostitute—in her native tongue? How to pilot an airboat and how to make about a million delicious cocktails, including a Molotov one? How to kill a guy and how to prepare a fabulous brunch? Plus how to do tons of other stuff that I forgot, but that is nonetheless probably in this book (which, to be honest, I really only kinda skimmed).

So if you want to learn more about how to be more—or at all—like Sterling Archer, the world’s greatest secret agent, quit smearing your greasy fingerprints all over this book and buy it. For one thing, I really need the royalties. For another thing, the last time I checked, this wasn’t a damn library.

(Note: If your answer was “B,” this probably isn’t the book you want to start with.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:13 -0400)

A humorous guide to living and surviving as an international secret agent by the self-proclaimed world's greatest secret agent, Sterling Archer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible