Whole Latte Life

by Joanne DeMaio

Would you leave behind everything to know who you really are? Sara Beth Riley never dreamt she'd walk straight out of her life. Actually she'd never dreamt a lot of things that had happened this year... From being kidnapped by her own best friend, to throwing her wedding rings into the Hudson River, to calling an old love in France, to getting inked with said best friend, painting the passionate constellation of these choices into permanence. But mostly, she could never have dreamt what started it all. How could it be that her mother's unexpected death, and the grief which lingered painfully long, turned her into the woman she was finally meant to become? Sara Beth's escape begins a summer of change - of herself, of marriage, of the lives of those around her. In a story that moves from Manhattan to the sea to a quaint New England town, Whole Latte Life looks at friends we never forget, at decisions we linger with, at our attempts to live the lives we love.… (more)

I don't do well with books that kill animals, no matter how small a plot point. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
Measuring the depths of friendship and what it means. ( )
  winecat | Jan 9, 2014 |
Boring....tedious....vanilla

Only got 40% through it. ( )
1 vote ibkennedy | Sep 23, 2013 |
Whole Latte Life by Joanne DeMaio is a wonderful summer time read. I so enjoyed my journey with Rachel and Sarah Beth as they went through many changes in their life. This book is full of emotion, I found myself both laughing and crying my way through the pages. Joanne Demaio has created characters in this book that I could instantly bond with.

Sarah Beth's life is completely turned upside down by so many losses. I totally felt all her emotions with her along the way. Sarah Beth is very lucky to have some wonderful people behind her as she tries to find herself after all the trauma she has been through.

Rachel is a wonderful best friend to Sarah Beth, she is also a woman who has experienced loss herself. She does her best to help Sarah Beth through all the changes in her life. I admired her for standing behind her best friend when times were tough. Rachel also encounters some unexpected changes in her life.

Whole latte Life is a very emotional read with the characters loss of loved ones and dreams, the strength of love to get through anything, dreams that really can come true and the unexpected joy of finding love again. I love to feel connected to the character I'm reading about and Rachel & Sarah Beth fit that bill completely. I admired their long standing friendship and the ability of their love for each other to over come some obstacles that developed through the story. I don't want to give to much away to spoil this wonderful story for you. You will have to check it out for yourself and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I look forward to reading more work by Ms. DeMaio, I can't wait to see what wonderful story she puts together next. ( )
  MinDaf | Jul 11, 2013 |
Whole Latte Life by Joanne DeMaio
This story is about 2 women who are friends and in the present day they agree to spend a few days in NY. After shopping and a lunch Sara Beth leaves a note and takes off. Rachel is handed the note and does as she's asked, not to alert anyone but she needs a few days to find herself.
They've just turned 40 and Sara Beth has recently lost her mother and is at wits end what to do with her life and remembers the past, romances and life choices.
Rachel has lost her husband and has a college daughter and while in the city finds a new man in her life. He is so passionate to her, the places he takes her as he introduces her to his life.
As we go back in time to discover their secrets we are also brought into the present where things do work out as they each take on new things.
Love volunteer work with the flowers and the carriage house and especially the summer cottages with the names and what they symbolize in the story.
'mystical healing power of the salt air' love this phrase.
Not sure which of the woman's' life's I like best. They both do their own thing and it's the journey and process that leads them where they end up, loved the journey. ( )
  jbarr5 | Mar 23, 2013 |
"A thoughtful story that surprises with its insight and emotional impact."
added by JoanneDeMaio | editKirkus Reviews, Critics' Pick

Joanne DeMaio is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,259,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible