You Wouldn't Want to Be a Pony Express…

by Thomas Ratliff (Author)

Describes the disadvantages to being a Pony Express rider, including riding in all weather, natural disasters, and disease.
Member:KellyHaugen
Title:You Wouldn't Want to Be a Pony Express Rider!: A Dusty, Thankless Job You'd Rather Not Do
Authors:Thomas Ratliff (Author)
Info:Franklin Watts (2012), 32 pages

Work Information

You Wouldn't Want to Be a Pony Express Rider!: A Dusty, Thankless Job You'd Rather Not Do by Tom Ratliff

In this book I learned about some requirements that you need to become a pony express rider. One, I learned that to become a pony express rider you had to be 18 or younger. Two, because this was a risky thing to do you had to either be in need of work or you are either really brave and or stupid. Four, in this job you got $25 per week. Five, there were in the start 157 relay stations located in now known as Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California. Six, you had to be able to change horses in 2 minutes or less.

I thought that this book was good. The illustrations were expressive which was kind of funny. It was good that the facts were clear to understand which is always good especially in educational books like this. I also liked how the pictures and the facts made it easier to learn. I thought the requirements to become a pony express rider were strange for something like that. I would recommend this book for those who want to know of one job that had to do with horses back then. Also this would be good for those who want to know some history. ( )
  BiancaG.B1 | Jan 15, 2019 |
The book was very cool to read because almost every page explains a new topic about the Pony Express.It goes into detail about each and every part of the Pony Express.It was also very short witch makes it very easy to understand and read.But is was still very interninsting to read.I also i really like the kid friendly with a all the pictures.The pictures themselves add a little bit of a comedy that is really nice .It is really nice since it is a book i wouldn't normally read because it is not my normal type of book.I also learned a lot about the pony express.Like that home stations where 50 to 80 miles apart .I would defiantly recommend reading this book.

Summary
It starts by telling you a very exciting story how by feeling you how the Pony Express starts.It then moves on to a very brief story about how it started like when young people sign up and why.It also said how they sign up. They also include a section of words mean in slang back in the day, Like the word pony.It also explains how the traveled threw the cold .It also explained what they did when it was cold like they would stay put or go faster to get their faster.If you like history then i would read the book.Even if you dont like history give it a try ( )
  jayleenS.b4 | Oct 22, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,015,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible