Cress

by Marissa Meyer

Series: The Lunar Chronicles (3)

4,5192692,127 (4.29)199
Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and prevent her army from invading Earth. Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl trapped on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company.… (more)

I think I just died from fangirling and flailing so much.❤️❤️❤️ ( )
  bookishconfesh | Sep 22, 2022 |
Wonderful story. Love the characters! ( )
  DebCushman | Aug 25, 2022 |
It was horrible, HOOOOOOREEEEIBBBLLLE.

Or possibly that's just because now I need to wait another year to read Winter. WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN, MARISSA MEYER??? ( )
  tanaise | Jul 17, 2022 |
Loved it. Actually liked it better than the second book in the series as it was easier to understand what was going on. I had forgotten how this author draws me immediately into her story. I forget from book to book. Fast paced, a lot of action clear POVs from several different characters. The story line is moving right along although of course there is at least one more book. The Lunar Queen is not vanquished yet. I loved the hero. I enjoyed him in the last book but I liked how he came into his own here. He is a hero who doesn't believe he is all that good or all that heroic. But he steps up for Cress. Cress was a fun little character and seems just the sort to drive her man to better himself without any real effort on her part. She's just so sweet and good that he can't help trying to please her.

I love how the familiar fairy tale elements are here but this is in no way a retelling. So fresh and original.

Can't wait for the next one. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
I think you might be right, though. Maybe there isn't such a thing as fate. Maybe it's just the opportunities we're given, and what we do with them. I'm beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves.

This book. THIS BOOK OMG!!
I wish I could write anything that would make sense but I feel like it's impossible. Luckily I'm stubborn so I'll try anyway lol I hope talking about the characters will help me out :P

• I feel so bad for Cinder because she blames herself way too much :( I hope she will be more positive and finally happy in Winter because she totally deserves it • Cress is PURE LOVE. She's so cute, so squishy, so.. PURE. If she was real, I'd hug her and cuddle her the whole time • Thorne is.. Thorne. 'Nuff said. I think he wants to act like a bad boy but I can see how good he is LIKE MY HEART NEEDS THEM TOGETHER RN (but I think it's just common sense lol).
• And Ikooooo I was SO HAPPY when Thorne got that escort-droid because I TOTALLY KNEW THEY WOULD HAVE USED ITS BODY FOR IKO!! It feels like she can totally be herself thanks to that and it fills me with joy
• Poor Kai, I felt so stressed during the whole book when it came to him :( I wanted to hug him every time é.è I fangirled way too much when he finally kissed Cinder tho IT WAS ABOUT TIME figures.
• The Doctor, poor baby. I don't know what you think, but I always felt bad for him :( I wouldn't have blamed him for anything he did, honestly. AND WHEN HE SAID TO CRESS HE WAS HER FATHER OMG My heart was dying too in that moment, like WHY DID IT HAVE TO GO THAT WAY?! *cough* Ok, sorry.
• Anyway, here comes the unpopular opinion: I didn't like Scarlet and Wolf in this book. AT ALL. I would have liked to punch her in the face and Wolf was just.. too much. I don't even know how to explain it, but there was something about both of them that was way too irritating.
I hope they will take a grip on themselves because they almost ruined my majestic experience with this book smh
• And about Sybil Mira YOU TOTALLY DESERVED IT, BITCH!! Burn in hell and don't ever come back, sayonara.
Like, the only good thing she ever did was throwing herself down the tower. I would have gladly helped pushing her tho I'm too kind, I know

Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky and The Princess and the Guard are waiting for me and I HONESTLY CAN'T WAIT to get to Fairest, I bet it will be amazing too *____*
  XSassyPants | Jun 11, 2022 |

Marissa Meyerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Deas, RichCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O., MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soler, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tuosto, FilomenaFeiwel and Friends Logo Designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
When she was just a child, the witch locked her away in a tower that had neither doors or stairs.
For Jojo, Meghan, and Tamara
*high fives*
Her satellite made one full orbit around planet Earth every sixteen hours.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,744,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible