dismiss

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Don't Look Back (edition 2014)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Seventeen-year-old Sam seems to have everything until she and her best friend, Cassie, disappear one night and now Sam has returned with amnesia, striving to be a much better person and aware that her not remembering may be the only thing keeping Cassie alive.
Member:Tip44
Title:Don't Look Back
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2014), 385 pages
Rating:***

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Typical Mary Higgins Clark. ( )
  Tip44 | Jun 30, 2020 |
It starts very similar to [b:Right Here Right Now|21946655|Right Here Right Now|Nikita Singh|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1397811811s/21946655.jpg|41251461]. But takes more of a mystery route than teen angst. Sure, there are prom, crush and break ups, but they take back seat here. More focus is on the mystery surrounding the protagonist and the people around her.
It goes from edge of the seat thriller to surreal dream sequences. Good thing there was variety in narration. I liked it more than Right Here Right Now.
(This is why hate rating system. I had to give both the novels same rating, even though I liked Don't Look Back more than Right Here Right Now.) ( )
  kirankinny | Jul 5, 2019 |
Sam wakes up lost with bruises & no idea who she is or where her missing best friend is. Now, she’s a stranger in her own life. The person she was doesn’t match who she is, but the present isn’t clear, either, especially when she starts receiving threatening notes & remembering vague flashes of the past. But who can she trust?
  mcmlsbookbutler | Jun 4, 2019 |
So, in my opinion, a book does not need rough, sexual passages to be successful. It's just a cover for what it does not have. This book is a bit crude and superficial as far as I can tell, but the plot is fascinating. I particularly liked the emphasis on instincts.

As usual, the perfect figure is a beautiful blonde, and then she falls in love with an ideal handsome guy.
And here's the mistake, most of us have no perfect body or fantastic hair. I'm sorry to tell you, but most of the world does not have a silk skin. ( )
  JantTommason | Feb 22, 2019 |
Don't judge me, I ask and know that you can't stand it - yes, I love books that may catalog as women or youth books. But that's how I am, along with books of war and history, I also enjoy simplicity.

So if you have finished judging, now I can begin to tell you about this book and especially about the problem it created for me, because on the one hand I always want to read a good book that will attract me, and on the other side when it comes I find myself with the lack of sleep. And so after many hours of work, and a lot of work at home, I see my reading time only at night. Only I and the book awake, and when the book stretches and well written I read another page and commit myself to just a few more pages and finally the morning comes, and I like in the wheel again tired at work.

Don't look back is an excellent book that gave me exactly what I needed. It began with a note Samantha found in her room and aroused her suspicion of everyone around her.

Samantha and Cassie, The good friends, disappeared one day, Samantha was found a few days later when she bruised, Cassie didn't return. With all her strength, Samantha tries to remember what happened, but she suffers from amnesia.

Those around her suspected her of being the murderer, and day by day with little details arousing her memory, she believed it was her who murdered Cassie.

Flashes are revealed slowly to complete the story, but the memory of her past distresses her. Samantha undergoes a radical change in behavior towards herself and her surroundings.
Throughout the book, the writer hinted at the murderer and made me believe every time anew I already know who he is but the ending was surprising.

The book is intended for both teenagers and adults. ( )
  Ramonremires | Jan 14, 2019 |

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,651,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible