Douglas Jumbo's The Globemaster

by Anthony Tambini

3None3,667,301NoneNone
The history of military air transport to date has been incomplete. Lacking is the document legacy of two relatively unknown Douglas transports, the reciprocating engined Globemaster I and II. These propeller driven aircraft set the benchmark for the heavy lift transport's that are currently in operation in both civilian and military service. Lost in history is the fact that Globemaster I was the first truly heavy lift transport to enter military service. Its offspring, the Globemaster II, for over twenty years performed yeoman's work in supporting for US and its allies; it has also made possible humanitarian relief to the world at large.… (more)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,007,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible