Charmed By His Love by Janet Chapman

Charmed By His Love

by Janet Chapman

Normally I love Janet Chapman's books, but I'm not really liking the Spellbound Falls books for some reason. This book was particularly annoying because I listened to it on Audible. How many times can an author use the word growled to describe a way in which a person speaks. After awhile I found myself flinching every time I heard it. I know it's petty but when it's used so many times one does tend to focus on how something is being written instead of what is being read. The story was OK but not as enjoyable as her other series. ( )
  jldhuse | Jun 7, 2016 |
I started reading Janet Chapman's series several years ago. The first series saw a group of 11th century Highlanders hurled into the 20th century by a mistaken spell of an ancient Durid. They make the 20th century their home and marry and raise families while operating a winter resort and logging operation in their Maine home. This book belongs to a series entitled Spellbound Falls which takes place in the same place but features a group of Highlanders that have magic abilities. Both series are very good but need to be read in order. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I enjoy the series and while the run up to the end seemed to all of a sudden be there, it was an enjoyable read. Having Duncan accept his magic and Peg to learn about it and rid the women of her family their curse. Looking forward to the next one! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Enjoyable story with a dose of magic, an exciting ending, and good plot but there were spots that got a bit slow when characters pondered too much about their situation. Peg's four children attack Duncan before she learns he wants to buy her gravel which will help her out of poverty.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Peg Thompson has no room in her life for a man in her life. She is busy with four children, and she has a suspicion her family is cursed and dares not fall in love again. So she tries to distance herself from Duncan, who has recently surfaced in her life. Duncan MacKeage comes from a family of magic, however he doesn't possess any. Duncan is busy building new roads since the change in Spellbound Falls. But then he comes across Peg and her four children who create chaos. However he finds himself charmed by this family, that is led by a woman of incredible beauty and inner strength. She is feisty and strong and protects her children like a mama bear, but he knows there is a inner passion in her just waiting to burst free, and he knows he is up to the challenge of helping her let go of some of her inhibitions. He also wants to show her the power of true love and the magic of his family can overcome any curses and prove to Peg how true his feelings are for her. Charmed By His Love is the second in the series, and after just loving the first one I had a lot of expectations for this one. Even though I really enjoyed it, I didn't exactly fall in love with everything that happens. It took a bit of time to get fully into it, but once I did, it was almost near impossible to put down. I found myself charmed by this story, and even though the whole "Curse" thing really didn't fly with me, I found the rest of the story enchanting. I really loved Duncan, who is a ' he man', but I also loved the way he was around Peg. She is what you would call feisty and stubborn, but Duncan handles her really well. I found this to be such a fun read, with witty humor, and a sweet romance that will charm any reader. A Delight to read!!! Looking forward to reading more from this series..... ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 2, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515150908, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestselling author Janet Chapman takes you back to the magical town of Spellbound Falls, where Duncan MacKeage is about to uncover great love with hidden dangers…

All Duncan MacKeage wants is to keep his crew building roads and bridges up the mountain to the fancy resort overlooking Spellbound Falls’ new inland sea. He doesn’t want anything to do with his own family magic or with the beautiful widow, Peg Thompson, and her tribe of little heathens. But when Duncan is tasked with keeping an eye on the widow Thompson, trouble starts.

Because of a family curse, Peg fears that giving in to her desires will mean killing off another lover. But Duncan—the strong, handsome man buying her gravel—is unbelievably tempting and determined to take care of her. Torn between her head and her heart, will Peg find the strength to break free of her black-widow curse? Or will pursuing their attraction put these lovers in harm’s way?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:46 -0400)

When mysterious newcomer Duncan MacKeage reveals his determination to take care of her and her family, widowed single mother Peg Thompson is afraid to give her heart to him, concerned that her family curse will cause him harm.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,642,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible