Charmed By His Love by Janet Chapman

Charmed By His Love

by Janet Chapman

Series: Spellbound Falls (2)

Forgettable.
  2wonderY | Dec 28, 2017 |
Normally I love Janet Chapman's books, but I'm not really liking the Spellbound Falls books for some reason. This book was particularly annoying because I listened to it on Audible. How many times can an author use the word growled to describe a way in which a person speaks. After awhile I found myself flinching every time I heard it. I know it's petty but when it's used so many times one does tend to focus on how something is being written instead of what is being read. The story was OK but not as enjoyable as her other series. ( )
  jldhuse | Jun 7, 2016 |
I started reading Janet Chapman's series several years ago. The first series saw a group of 11th century Highlanders hurled into the 20th century by a mistaken spell of an ancient Durid. They make the 20th century their home and marry and raise families while operating a winter resort and logging operation in their Maine home. This book belongs to a series entitled Spellbound Falls which takes place in the same place but features a group of Highlanders that have magic abilities. Both series are very good but need to be read in order. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I enjoy the series and while the run up to the end seemed to all of a sudden be there, it was an enjoyable read. Having Duncan accept his magic and Peg to learn about it and rid the women of her family their curse. Looking forward to the next one! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Enjoyable story with a dose of magic, an exciting ending, and good plot but there were spots that got a bit slow when characters pondered too much about their situation. Peg's four children attack Duncan before she learns he wants to buy her gravel which will help her out of poverty.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Janet Chapmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Griffin, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515150908, Mass Market Paperback)

New York Times bestselling author Janet Chapman takes you back to the magical town of Spellbound Falls, where Duncan MacKeage is about to uncover great love with hidden dangers…

All Duncan MacKeage wants is to keep his crew building roads and bridges up the mountain to the fancy resort overlooking Spellbound Falls’ new inland sea. He doesn’t want anything to do with his own family magic or with the beautiful widow, Peg Thompson, and her tribe of little heathens. But when Duncan is tasked with keeping an eye on the widow Thompson, trouble starts.

Because of a family curse, Peg fears that giving in to her desires will mean killing off another lover. But Duncan—the strong, handsome man buying her gravel—is unbelievably tempting and determined to take care of her. Torn between her head and her heart, will Peg find the strength to break free of her black-widow curse? Or will pursuing their attraction put these lovers in harm’s way?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:46 -0400)

When mysterious newcomer Duncan MacKeage reveals his determination to take care of her and her family, widowed single mother Peg Thompson is afraid to give her heart to him, concerned that her family curse will cause him harm.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,132,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible