Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood & Starlight (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Laini Taylor (Author)

2,4452064,691 (4.2)115
The otherworldly Karou struggles to come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people.
Member:Jaanai23
Title:Days of Blood & Starlight
Authors:Laini Taylor (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, 528 pages

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (2012)

English (201)  Italian (2)  German (2)  Indonesian (1)  All languages (206)
At the moment.... I honestly can't remember as much as I would like about the book ;/ Kaoru was pretty tricky and sly in this book, I LOVED IT! Zuze and Mik are the most adorable couples of all time ( )
  Nikki_Sojkowski | Aug 26, 2021 |
Akiva had once told Karou that he thought he would always find her, and no matter what he thought he still believed that. Then he found the thurible with her name on it and almost lost all hope of ever seeing her alive again. Almost, but to believe in Karou was to believe in hope, and he could never give up believing in Karou.

The war was over and the monsters had lost. Thousands were killed in the last final battle and now the last survivors were dying, being captured as slaves and hunted to extinction. The only salvation for these chimeras are held with a small group of rebels brought back to life by a traitor resourectionist and lead by a tyrannical murderer. But with new life there comes a message of hope.

Days of Blood and Starlight are filled with uncertainty, death and hard choices. A story of war, in which the dream of peace was gone, so far out of reach that it seemed now an impossibility, a childish dream of fools. An epic tale of a world destroyed and lives rebuilt, of monsters, murder, secrets and hope. A tragic tale of a girl of two worlds and no place where she belongs. This unique series is wonderfully complex and continues to enthral. ( )
  LarissaBookGirl | Aug 2, 2021 |
Another review that dissapeared. Rereview to come. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I liked this book a lot, just not as much as Book #1. Perhaps the reason was that we were more than halfway through the book before Karou and Aviva interacted. Still it's worth 4/5 stars. At the end of Smoke of Daughter and Bone, Karou is horrifed to learn that Aviva was complicit in the annihilation of her people and adoptive family. Each is back with their brethren: Aviva is back his brother and sister (Hazael and Liraz), but unable to kill any longer while Karou has become the successor to Brimstone as the resurrectionist, bring back to life, various demon monsters. This book is really about the horrors of war, and Aviva's/Karou's heroic efforts to bring peace to the world. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
Though I did miss the evocative setting in Prague from the first book, this sequel kept me so much more engaged. It was great getting to know the characters better, and the tension, as before (maybe more so), was palpable throughout. This book suffers a bit of repetition--frequently recounting the same experiences, feelings, etc., when there is really no need--but all the supernatural elements, between the seraph wrath and the nature of revenants, are so fantastical and out-there that it kept me on my toes. The ending is so much better than the first, too, that I'm certain I'll follow up with the next. ( )
  LibroLindsay | Jun 18, 2021 |

Impey, AlisonCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kevic Djurdjevic, JelenaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luconi, MarcusCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them.

And its snap split the world in two.
For Jim, extremely
Prague, early May.

Laini Taylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

is also the author Laini Taylor.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,193,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible