Tempted

by Rebecca Zanetti

Series: Dark Protectors (2.5)

1196184,693 (3.68)None
On the run from a mental institution and her vindictive half-brother, it's safe to say that Sarah Pringle's happy life as a schoolteacher is on hold. Too bad that as far as self-defense goes, "run and hide" is the best she's got. And with the monsters that started her escape hot on her heels, that's not going to cut it for long. That is, unless Sarah has a bigger, badder, hotter monster on her side. Max Petrovsky knows exactly what Sarah's up against. Good thing, because the minute he sees her something primal kicks in, turning everyday attraction into red-hot desire. As long as they're cooperating, why not mix some pleasure with business? Of course, Max should probably tell Sarah he's a vampire himself...… (more)

This gets three stars, only because I hate novellas set in the worlds I love. I want more! ( )
  moxamoll | Dec 3, 2019 |
This was a free kindle download. It is a novella, book 2.5 in a series. I have not read any of the other books in the series. Yet I felt I could jump right in and follow what was going on. The characters were similar to other books I have read. A group of immortal beings, who can only find love with their one true mate. Will Max and Sarah realize they belong together?

I think it is obvious what will happen to them, but first they must fight the evil forces that are trying to destroy Sarah. I have read this same basic plot in other books by other authors. Luckily, I like these stories, so I was happy to read it again. After reading this book, I would like to go back and read the first two in the series. I thought the pacing was fast, and I was never bored during the book. I would recommend it to fans of paranormal romance. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
Sweet and short. I liked this one the best.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
I
was really looking forward for Max's story and I wasn't disappointed. I
really liked how the chemistry between the main characters was
portraited and the author always has some crazy sexy,hot scenes to share
with us. Not a five star read for me because of all the 'I fell in love
with you the moment I heard your name'...that's kind of lame. I'd much
rather read about the development of a relationship, but I understand
this was just a novella and not a full blown novel. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

*Book source ~ Purchased

Sarah Pringle was a school teacher until her nasty brother gets involved with the Kurjans. When one of them kills an employee at their pharmaceutical company right in front of her she thinks they are vampires, but the police don’t believe her and her brother has her committed to a mental institution for evaluation. When she manages to escape and put up a blog about the vampire she witnessed killing a woman this brings her to the attention of the actual vampires, the Dark Protectors. It’s time for damage control, so the vampire King of the Realm, Dage Kayrs, sends his best hunter, Max Petrovsky, to find Sarah and take care of the problem.

Max is the biggest, baddest, fiercest hunter Dage has and most would say his heart is made of stone, but he doesn’t stand a chance against the four-year-old he needs to guard. Max discovers he actually has a heart when he has to spend a good amount of time guarding Janie, so it’s not such a huge surprise when he meets Sarah that there is room for her there, too. Max is an awesome alpha hero with kick ass fighting skills and a great match for Sarah who couldn’t really fight her way out of a wet paper bag though she is stubborn and full to the brim with perseverance. The chemistry between the two is steamy, the plot is good, the characters wonderful and there is humor sprinkled throughout. I’ve enjoyed each book in this series so far and this one, while short, doesn’t disappoint. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Dec 16, 2013 |

Rebecca Zanettiprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,555,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible