Tempted

by Rebecca Zanetti

Series: Dark Protectors (2.5)

On the run from a mental institution and her vindictive half-brother, it's safe to say that Sarah Pringle's happy life as a schoolteacher is on hold. Too bad that as far as self-defense goes, "run and hide" is the best she's got. And with the monsters that started her escape hot on her heels, that's not going to cut it for long. That is, unless Sarah has a bigger, badder, hotter monster on her side. Max Petrovsky knows exactly what Sarah's up against. Good thing, because the minute he sees her something primal kicks in, turning everyday attraction into red-hot desire. As long as they're cooperating, why not mix some pleasure with business? Of course, Max should probably tell Sarah he's a vampire himself...… (more)

[b:Tempted|13317392|Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5)|Rebecca Zanetti|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1327853342s/13317392.jpg|18523595] by [a:Rebecca Zanetti|4149342|Rebecca Zanetti|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1298082465p2/4149342.jpg]
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense
4.75 Stars

At about 90 pages it is a short read, but don't let the size fool you.

Fast paced and overflowing with suspense and action.

Max is a gentle and intelligent giant of a man (vampire).
Sarah is a highly intelligent but very frightened woman. She has good reason to be afraid.

They fit perfectly and heat up the pages with their passion!

The Kurgans are hot on their trail. At every turn they are faced with danger.

I can't wait to read book 3 'Hunted'. I already have it downloaded and ready to go.

Looks like I have to add Rebecca Zanetti to my Favorite Authors list. ( )
  bodebeabay | Sep 25, 2022 |
This gets three stars, only because I hate novellas set in the worlds I love. I want more! ( )
  moxamoll | Dec 3, 2019 |
This was a free kindle download. It is a novella, book 2.5 in a series. I have not read any of the other books in the series. Yet I felt I could jump right in and follow what was going on. The characters were similar to other books I have read. A group of immortal beings, who can only find love with their one true mate. Will Max and Sarah realize they belong together?

I think it is obvious what will happen to them, but first they must fight the evil forces that are trying to destroy Sarah. I have read this same basic plot in other books by other authors. Luckily, I like these stories, so I was happy to read it again. After reading this book, I would like to go back and read the first two in the series. I thought the pacing was fast, and I was never bored during the book. I would recommend it to fans of paranormal romance. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
Sweet and short. I liked this one the best.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
I
was really looking forward for Max's story and I wasn't disappointed. I
really liked how the chemistry between the main characters was
portraited and the author always has some crazy sexy,hot scenes to share
with us. Not a five star read for me because of all the 'I fell in love
with you the moment I heard your name'...that's kind of lame. I'd much
rather read about the development of a relationship, but I understand
this was just a novella and not a full blown novel. :) ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Rebecca Zanettiprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,470,143 books! | Top bar: Always visible