Burned: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning

Burned: A Fever Novel (edition 2015)

by Karen Marie Moning (Author)

Member:Cynara
Title:Burned: A Fever Novel
Authors:Karen Marie Moning (Author)
Info:Dell (2015), 512 pages
Tags:Fantasy, urban fantasy, Dublin, Ireland, fiction

Burned by Karen Marie Moning

This book bridges both series and pulls in the Highlander series Karen previously wrote. The world has become a terrible place and at times it's hard to read but I did not want to put this book down, I needed to know there was going to be a happy ending. This book will keep you on your toes to the very end. Can't wait for the next book.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Yay! This book was a brilliant read, just like the previous two Fever books. To me, the series took a while to find its edge, but it has turned into something really clever, suspenseful, sexy and awesome. The whole post-apocalyptic/dystopian world thing works perfectly and gives the books the perfect atmosphere for the characters to shine.

And this book does something really cool the others didn't- it sort of had some "fan" moments. Some moments where one of the characters would come out and say exactly what I'd been thinking, which sounds like it would be weird/pandering, but it gave me this warm gooey feeling. I'd had some moments of doubt about the direction the story was going, but those moments really made me trust Karen Moning somehow, made me feel like she knew what she was doing and respected the story and the characters.

So, what are you in for? Lots and lots of twists as usual, a story told mostly from Mac's points of view, some answers/half-answers to some of the burning questions that have been in the air for ages, and some new characters. Now, I won't tell you what the story is actually about, because I think finding that out for yourself is half the fun. ENJOY! ( )
  Sweet_Serenity | Mar 14, 2019 |
FINALLY back to Mac!!!!

What is with her spying on everyone? I love how this started with Barrons PO
V. Gotta love some Barrons! Overall I really feel like this series has ran it course now, it is dead. I don’t know what more KMM can do to revive this…..I’m having a hard time liking the new “dark” Mac. I miss the sweet innocent Mac. If this is a transition book KMM better come back with a bang because this was EHHHHH. *Better than Iced though I must admit* Is Barrons ever going to stop calling Mac, “Ms. Lane” it drives me nuts! ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
DELAYED TO 2015?!?!?!

Ok, authors of the world. If you put two years between the books in your series, you are going to lose readers. Sorry.
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
Burned by Karen Marie Moning
Series: Fever book 7
Narrated by Phil Gigante and Natalie Ross

3.5 Stars - I wish there was more about Dani, I really miss her character. At chapter 6, it's all Mac and Barrons. Lots of description about Barrons’ bookstore and going over what happened to her in the previous books, which as I just reread them seems a bit much. That said, I am sure if you haven’t done a reread prior to these books, then this may be a needed refresher.

They have introduced Jada and I don’t like her much. She lacks the emotion and fiestyness that Dani had. I hope the author brings Dani back to be a main character in the story. I find it lacking without her. There is some interesting things happening and I am looking forward to seeing what the next book brings.

The narrators did a wonderful job as usual!

~ Paragraphs and Petticoats ~
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |

"MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons are back and hotter than ever in Burned, the latest novel in the blockbuster Fever series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning. It's easy to walk away from lies. Power is another thing. MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A gifted sidhe-seer, she's already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh--an ancient book of terrible evil--yet its hold on her has never been stronger. When the wall that protected humans from the seductive, insatiable Fae was destroyed on Halloween, long-imprisoned immortals ravaged the planet. Now Dublin is a war zone with factions battling for control. As the city heats up and the ice left by the Hoar Frost King melts, tempers flare, passions run red-hot, and dangerous lines get crossed. Seelie and Unseelie vie for power against nine ancient immortals who have governed Dublin for millennia; a rival band of sidhe-seers invades the city, determined to claim it for their own; Mac's former protege and best friend, Dani "Mega" O'Malley, is now her fierce enemy; and even more urgent, Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal. It's a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil is blurred, and every alliance comes at a price. In an epic battle against dark forces, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth"-- "Burned picks up right where the surprising conclusion of Iced left off, and will feature beloved characters Mac and Dani O'Malley as they embark on another high-octane adventure in the Fever world"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible