Never Seduce a Scot

by Maya Banks

Series: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs (1)

Eveline Armstrong, the beautiful daughter of a powerful clan, doesn't speak and is considered daft, but no one knows that she cannot hear. When she becomes the wife of rival clan member Graeme Montgomery, he learns her secret, and when family rivalries threaten, he will do anything to protect her.

*4.5 *

i really loved this heroine!! and her being based off of maya banks' husband is really sweet! ( )
  beethovensfruit | Aug 21, 2021 |
Deaf heroine.
Sweet story.
No cheating.
No ex drama though the heroine had a broken bethrothal some time before.
Hero is not a womanizer.
No intimate scenes with anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
Read my full review here. This book was a parabola. The beginning was good, the middle dragged, and the ending picked the story back up again. It was also a bit repetitive. I didn't need the constant reminder that Eveline needed to read lips. As for the romance, I think Graeme fell in love a little too quickly. Not that it isn't possible, but it seemed a little exaggerated. ( )
  littlebookjockey | Sep 15, 2020 |
This was fine, the writing is not great, and Eveline seems not too bright though she taught herself to lip read completely fluently with zero support or guidance, which is kind of impossible, so I guess I should not underestimate her. I am doing things around the house and going over some rote work tasks and I just had this playing in the background. Usually I can't do that and I end up getting sucked in to my book and having to turn it off to get my work done, but no such problem here - it took zero effort and while it included some entertaining moments, it never engaged me. ( )
  Narshkite | Sep 9, 2020 |
This is maybe the first old time (Medieval?) book set in the Scottish Highlands I’ve read, and I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of lovely character development which was nice, although all the action at the end might have been a bit rushed. Still it was a great story that I raced through this afternoon and evening. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Jul 26, 2020 |

Maya Banksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Potter, KirstenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

For Welty. Always a good sport and an even better friend.
Peace had come to the highlands.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Maya Banks's book Never Seduce a Scot was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,372,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible