Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts

by Talli Roland

Cute story. I'm glad I read it on my laptop because I was constantly looking up British terms. I found that part offsetting because I rarely have to do that. A glossary of terms would have been helpful for those of us not from the UK. ( )
  sultrydiva | Jan 26, 2019 |
Very cute story. ( )
  JansenSchmidt | Oct 24, 2018 |
This book was too short! I loved it ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
3.5 stars. Rose goes from a boring job cataloging endless artifacts in the cold basement of an archaeological museum, to... cataloging artifacts in the cold basement of a house about to be turned into a museum.

As an American reader, I am sometimes charmed and sometimes bewildered by the Britishisms. Is a "Y-front" the same as a thong? And why would a couple have matching ones?

Love the concept of the place being a museum of broken hearts, and the description and backstory of some of the artifacts. Loved that Rose eventually woke up to the idea that her "boyfriend" was a sponge and a user. But despite her attraction to her new boss, the chemistry between them isn't consistent. When she meddles in Heath's life, it seems to make things worse, then things magically work out (hence the miracle in the title) without there being a real explanation of WHY.

This feels choppy in places, as if it wanted to be a longer story (it's only about 65 pages), but as a (currently) free e-book, I can't complain of being overcharged. It gives a nice sample of this author's writing, which is light and funny with likable characters. ( )
1 vote writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
I immediately was drawn into this sweet story - likable characters, scenes and dialogue that made me feel like I was right there, and a storyline that moved at the perfect page. I read it in two short sittings and enjoyed every minute! ( )
  vickilesage | Feb 13, 2014 |

Talli Roland is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 209,016,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible