Ask the Passengers by A.S. King

Ask the Passengers (edition 2013)

by A.S. King (Author)

7835621,037 (3.92)1 / 10
"Astrid Jones copes with her small town's gossip and narrow-mindedness by staring at the sky and imagining that she's sending love to the passengers in the airplanes flying high over her backyard. Maybe they'll know what to do with it. Maybe it'll make them happy. Maybe they'll need it. Her mother doesn't want it, her father's always stoned, her perfect sister's too busy trying to fit in, and the people in her small town would never allow her to love the person she really wants to: another girl named Dee. There's no one Astrid feels she can talk to about this deep secret or the profound questions that she's trying to answer. But little does she know just how much sending her love--and asking the right questions--will affect the passengers' lives, and her own, for the better"--… (more)
Member:Axmyman
Title:Ask the Passengers
Authors:A.S. King (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Reprint, 336 pages

Ask the Passengers by A. S. King

Recently added byArina42, LisaGivan, evking, McRaeNaayers

Hated the ending. It didn't end. It just stopped. ( )
  McRaeNaayers | Feb 17, 2021 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the sarcasm in this author's writing and it had me laughing out loud while I worked. I really enjoyed the inclusion of Socrates, not just his ethics, for lack of a better word, in addition to the bits of fact. The point of making people think so they can search for answers or even more questions as the answers, came across loud and clear. In the two novels I've listened to I've come to appreciate the creative concepts this author has, such as asking the passengers and sending out love into the world in this creative way. Definitely a title I would recommend. ( )
  eringoss112 | Feb 5, 2021 |
Frank Socrates!! goodness, I loved this book. I cannot imagine high school in rural Pennsylvania is much different than high school in rural upstate New York and for that, every sympathy in the known world, because those high school years were the worst. BE FUCKING GAY, Astrid!! or not. be you, girl. ( )
  kickthebeat | Nov 1, 2020 |
*Will write review for this LATER.* ( )
  DayDreamWriteRepeat | Sep 2, 2020 |
A lovely read. ( )
  Linnnnie | Oct 7, 2019 |
"Question everything."
- Euripides

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing."
-Socrates

"Know thyself."
Ancient Greek Aphorism
Every airplane, no matter how far it is up there, I send love to it.

Astrid Jones, who realizes that she is a lesbian, deals with the gossip and rejection she faces by sending love up to the people on airplanes as they pass over her.

A. S. King is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,766,012 books! | Top bar: Always visible