The Art and Making of The Dark Knight…

The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy (edition 2012)

by Jody Duncan Jesser (Author)

621336,264 (5)None
"In 2005, director Christopher Nolan redefined the Batman legend with Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader. A fresh, dynamic reboot of the franchise, Batman Begins explored the comic book hero's origins and his evolution from billionaire Bruce Wayne to dark avenger who fights crime and corruption in Gotham City. A 2008 sequel, The Dark Knight, took those compelling, character-driven foundations and raised the stakes, pitting Batman against a deranged master criminal, the Joker, in an all-out war for Gotham's soul. Now, the final film of Nolan's trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, is the summer's most anticipated film release. Christopher Nolan's Batman: The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy tells the complete, behind-the-scenes story of these three monumental films. Based on in-depth interviews with Nolan and all of the film's key cast and crew--including co-writers David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan, cinematographer Wally Pfister, and more--the book reveals the creative process behind the epic Dark Knight Trilogy, supported by lavish art and never-before-seen photography"--… (more)
Member:VincentMatis
Title:The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy
Authors:Jody Duncan Jesser (Author)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2012), 304 pages

The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy by Jody Duncan Jesser

Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is not only my favorite comic book trilogy of all time, it's easily my favorite movie trilogy of all time. When I heard that a book was being released that chronicled the making of all 3 films, I jumped at the chance to get my hands on it.

The book is separated into several sections detailing the stunts, the marketing, visual effects, casting, writing and overall shooting of the films. Hand in hand with the write-ups are beautiful photos showcasing behind the scenes action as well as choice stills from the movies themselves.

The author, Jody Duncan Jesser, really did her research in interviewing a lot of the cast and crew in coming up with more than a few interesting and funny stories. One in particular involving Tom Hardy training and bulking up in an attempt to outshine Christian Bale had me laughing out loud. I'll keep from spoiling it but moments like that are reason enough to pick this up.

If you're a fan of the films, I can't recommend this enough. There's so much information contained within here that I wasn't aware of! Granted, there aren't any groundbreaking stories or mind-blowing revelations but the little things like Ledger's routine of getting into character or the creative process regarding set design as well as the viral marketing techniques really satisfied the Batman geek within me.

A worthy companion piece for completists or anyone who appreciated the work put in by Nolan and friends to create easily the best feature film adaptation of The Dark Knight yet. ( )
  branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |

Jody Duncan Jesserprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pourroy, Janinemain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,669,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible