Dodger

by Terry Pratchett

"In an alternative version of Victorian London, a seventeen-year-old Dodger, a cunning and cheeky street urchin, unexpectedly rises in life when he saves a mysterious girl, meets Charles Dickens, and unintentionally puts a stop to the murders of Sweeny Todd"--

English (134)  German (1)  All languages (135)
Wonderful style and voice. Fascinating characters. Great fun! ( )
  DebCushman | Aug 25, 2022 |
I always love the characters in Prattchet's books. Dodger is no exception. It is sprinkled with whit and humour as well as the grit and grime of London. I loved it! ( )
  restimson | Jun 22, 2022 |
I thought this book was very well-done portraying the grimey streets of Victorian London with honest accuracy. More than just shades of Dickens in the telling of this story. ( )
  charlie68 | May 21, 2022 |
Loved this! It was interesting reading something non-fantasy from Terry Pratchett. Great characters and the homage to Dickens is great. You can read it without ever having read Oliver Twist, but it would let you in on the inside jokes he drops. ( )
  jlford3 | Apr 19, 2022 |
I love Charles Dickens, I love Victorian England, and I love happy endings. ( )
  Dairyqueen84 | Mar 15, 2022 |

Pratchett, Terryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kidby, PaulIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Henry Mayhew for writing his book,
and to Lyn for absolutely
everything else
The rain poured down on London so hard that it seemed it was dancing spray, every raindrop contending with its fellow for supremacy in the air and waiting to splash down.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,948,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible