Justice League Dark Volume 1: In the Dark by…

Justice League Dark is a cool story-line that brings together some of my favorite DC Comics characters, most importantly - to me, at least - John Constantine and Shade the Changing Man. I was reading comic books when both Shading the Changing Man and Hellblazer started their initial runs, the former with the creation of the Vertigo line, and it's always great to see them in action. What makes this collection even more enjoyable is that Peter Milligan is at the helm. He has a great talent for weirdness and insanity, and he threads it effortlessly through this origin story of the ragtag group of reluctant paranormal team members called Justice League Dark. Good stuff. ( )
  smichaelwilson | Jun 25, 2019 |
Dear Lord, what did they do to Zatanna? Started fine, ended as a randomly cohesive mess. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Very confusing, timeline jolts around.... maybe that's a point. But has JC, so I like. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not, but, seeing Superman get his ass kicked by a swarm of teeth was pretty cool. ( )
  Eric.Cone | Sep 28, 2017 |
After reading this I felt like there is potential here but the book felt unfinished. Yes the teams first adventure is done but they still haven't really gel'd as a team and I'm not sure it's where I would have picked to end the story arc. If the group had worked together more cohesively to end the threat I might have felt differently, but it just isn't there yet for me. I'm ordering the next volume to see how that goes. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Collects: JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK 1-6.

"The witch known as The Enchantress has gone mad, unleashing a wave of chaos that not even the combined powers of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg can stop. Shade the Changing Man, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Zatanna, Mindwarp and John Constantine may be our only hope - but how can we put our trust in beings whose very presence makes ordinary people break out in a cold sweat? Critically acclaimed writer Peter Milligan brings together an unorthodox team for the most unnatural threats."--P. [4] of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,048,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible