Every Girl Does It by Rachel Van Dyken

Every Girl Does It

by Rachel Van Dyken

192810,387 (3.89)None
Amanda turned down Preston's prom invitation in front of her entire high school, but that was eight years ago. Somehow, her past mistakes always have a way of catching up with her, and making her pay. Amanda's sarcastic wit mixed with Preston's insufferable ego make sparks fly in more than one way. Preston, against his better judgment can't fight the desire to get under Amanda's skin and mercilessly tease her, but when that teasing becomes flirting, and flirting becomes something dangerously more, neither of them are prepared for the adventure that follows.… (more)

This book is hilarious (and sweet). Actually, it reminded me a lot of my favorite chick-lits with all the witty dialogue and a silly heroine and a nice-guy hero. It's a perfectly light read!

I fell in love with Rachel Van Dyken's writing in [b:Tear: A Seaside Novel|16161331|Tear A Seaside Novel (The Seaside, #1)|Rachel Van Dyken|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353426069s/16161331.jpg|22002998], and this didn't disappoint either. Yes, it's predictable and a little over-the-top, and I'm not a huge fan of religion in books, but it keeps you entertained, and I actually managed to read it in just a couple of hours.

Comparing me to a fat bear that sits and eats bamboo all day doesn’t boost my self esteem.

Amanda is a sweet, likable girl with horrible luck in men, and a hilarious cat to keep her company. I loved how the book opens, it had me laughing out loud so much. Of all the things to get yourself into... Amanda acts like a teenager most of the time, but it's just her carefree nature which I loved.
I didn't really question Preston's motives, he's just so nice and I loved how he put up with Amanda's antics. Though I knew she would have to make up for how she humiliated him in high school.

The whole Bobby/Ashlyn thing was hilarious. The ending is pretty satisfying. Also, I feel I should mention that this is pretty clean, apart from a couple of kisses.

So yeah, I'd say this was awesome. I needed a good laugh, and I got it. I suspect Rachel Van Dyken can pull off any genre! Definitely recommended. ( )
  AriBookzilla | Sep 21, 2013 |
Reviewed by Tee
Review copy provided by author
It has been eight years since Amanda turned down Preston’s request to go to the prom with him in front of their entire High School. Eight years is a very long time for Preston to hold a grudge but is that what he has in mind when they meet up again?

This is a laugh out loud book, for you never know if it is time for her to pay back in Preston’s mind, or is it Amanda feeling bad for the way she treated him in high school. Amanda is very childish and jumps to conclusion through the whole book. How Preston puts up with them I do not know but he must either be out for revenge or could he actually be in love with her still?

Preston has matured a lot on many levels, including the fact that he’s a fireman with abs that is better described as a washboard. Amanda can’t run from how she feels about him but she always wonders if it is payback time.

This is a funny read and one you will enjoy. There is some deceit with these two but I really think it is one you will enjoy reading even with some of the child like things that are written. ( )
  RtB | Feb 25, 2012 |

Amanda gets a flash from the past when the nerdy kid she rejected in high school suddenly reappears in her life...dead sexy, he's all man and he wants her.

Rachel Van Dyken is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,919,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible