Tooth and Nail

by Ian Rankin

Series: Inspector Rebus (3)

John Rebus is on a train from Edinburgh to London, where he has been drafted for his expertise in the modus operandi of serial killers. The Wolfman could be his toughest case yet--a serial killer named by the press due to a terrifying trademark of taking a bite from each victim.

English (38)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (42)
The first two Rebus books were good, this one was great. A clever, beautifully revealed mystery, a gripping plot, a smattering of very well written action, just the right amount if humour and a superb protagonist. ( )
  whatmeworry | Apr 9, 2022 |
Really enjoying the Rebus series, probably because the character still surprises me at times. With this one, I enjoyed the move to London, the different characters, and the killer. But it was also fun to have the Canadian connection, both with the Lisa Frazer character, and the reference the Steppenwolf song, Born to be Wild, written by a guy from my hometown of Oshawa. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |
Another Inspector Rebus, another good story about the socially inept Inspector. In this installment, Rebus is seconded to London to help solve a serial murder case. He bubbles along in his humble way and then... .an exciting denouement. Well done! ( )
  hemlokgang | Aug 20, 2021 |
Inspector Rebus is finally developing some character. The character I'm used to from the later books (which I read before this one). It is still not quite as good as some later books, but this will clearly keep any fan of John Rebus satisfied. ( )
  bratell | Dec 25, 2020 |
Another page-turning read from Ian Rankin.
This time it was set in London, where John Rebus
has been assigned. ( )
  GeoffSC | Jul 25, 2020 |

Ian Rankinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Macpherson, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rodchester, AmyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"How many wolves do we feel on our heels, while our real enemies go in sheepskin"
--Malcolm Lowry, Under the Volcano
For Miranda, again, but this time for Mugwump too ...
She drives home the knife.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,108,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible