Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little…

Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little Golden Book) (1950)

by RH Disney

Walt Disney's, Cinderella, is one of my all time favorite children's books. It is your traditional fairy tale about a princess, her evil step mother, 2 evil step sisters, her fairy god mother, and the animals that help her along the way. ( )
  AshleyWilliams1994 | Oct 20, 2016 |
This is a book that I would use with 1st-3rd grade. This is because many of the students in the class will already be familiar with and the vocabulary is not too difficult for them. I think because of the familiarity of the story and difficulty-level it is the perfect book for students to use as a readers theater. This way even the boys in the classroom who may not have previously been too interested in it will be motivated to read and engage in the story.
  aburgin01 | Apr 11, 2016 |
Cinderella is about a girl who lives with her step mother and two ugly step sisters. Cinderella is treated badly by them and is forced to do all of the chores around the house. One day, an invitation to the castle is sent to their home and Cinderella is told that if she gets all of her chores done she can go. With the help of her fairy godmother, Cinderella is able to go, but only until midnight. When the clock strikes midnight, Cinderella rushes out of the castle and loses her glass shoe. The next day, all of the eligible girls are asked to try the glass shoe on that Cinderella lost, but it does not fit anyone but her. Once the shoe fits, Cinderella and the Prince live happily, ever after.

Personal Reaction
This book has always been one of my favorites. I remember reading this book and hoping that one day my prince charming would come. Though it is fantasy, every girl, no matter her age, hopes that this happens to her.

Classroom Extension
1. The students could act out the story and possibly put on a play for the school.
2. My class could have a "Walt Disney Week" and one of the days could be one that they dress up as princes and princesses to school. We could also read the book and possibly watch the movie too. ( )
  MeganHeinrich | Mar 16, 2016 |
I love Walt Disney's Cinderella because it is just a classic tale of a princess. It includes all the classic fairy tale features such as the wicked step mother (plus two bonus wicked step sisters), a fairy god mother, and helpful animals. It is always a classic that you can read or watch to children. I loved it either way. I still love it now.
  JenniferPhillips | Feb 12, 2016 |
Age group(s): Early Elementary (K-3)
This is the traditional Cinderella that most of us grew up knowing. Cinderella is a girl who lives with her evil step mom and is forced to clean and do everything for her family. This is until she gets the chance to go to a ball where she meets the prince and then looses her glass slipper while trying to flee. The prince then searches until he finds her and makes her his princess. This is a very female-based story and follows the tradition fairytale storyline. This story carries a fairly easy plot that many kids can follow but you may lose the interest of some of the class that are not interested in princess stories. If I were to use this in the classroom I would use it to have students talk about their least favorite chore or something they’ve lost and if they got it back. I would try to stay away from the “lovey dovey” aspects of it. The illustrations in this book are great- of course. Disney always outdoes themselves when connecting movies and books. ( )
  katekatekathryn | Oct 12, 2015 |

Is an adaptation of

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a widowed gentleman and his lovely daughter, Ella.
(Little Golden Book edition) Once upon a time in a far-away land lived a sweet and pretty girl named Cinderella.

The most beloved princess movie of all time—Disney's Cinderella—is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. It's perfect for Disney Princess fans ages 2-5, and available just in time for the movie's Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray release in fall 2012.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:49 -0400)

With the help of her fairy godmother, a kitchen maid mistreated by her stepmother and stepsisters attends the palace ball where she meets the prince of her dreams.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,763,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible