Jurassic Park, Spanish Edition by Michael…

Jurassic Park, Spanish Edition (original 1990; edition 2006)

by Michael Crichton

Member:davadog13
Title:Jurassic Park, Spanish Edition
Authors:Michael Crichton
Info:Plaza y Janes (2006), Edition: Spanish, Mass Market Paperback, 480 pages
Tags:science-fiction

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton (1990)

The Lost World by Michael Crichton (DeDeNoel)
    DeDeNoel: Kind of an obvious choice, The Lost World is a sequel to Jurassic Park. I think it's just as good, if not better.
    The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle (jseger9000)
    jseger9000: An obvious rec, I admit. Doyle's story is the original "modern men interact with dinos" tale and Crichton's is the best one since.
    Carnosaur by Harry Adam Knight (caimanjosh, tottman)
    caimanjosh: There's been some speculation that Crichton actually got the idea for Jurassic Park from this book, which was written well before. This one's gorier.
    tottman: Both are stories about trying to bring back dinosaurs, and the ultimately destructive outcome of such an attempt. Carnosaur leans more to the horror side of the equation and Jurassic Park more to the thriller side.
    The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells (Stbalbach)
    Stbalbach: Mad doctor's breeding program on a remote island. What could go wrong?
    King Kong by Delos W. Lovelace (Hedgepeth)
    Relic by Douglas Preston (VictoriaPL)
    Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror by Steve Alten (Hedgepeth)
    Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (mcenroeucsb)
    The Cartesian Machine by Dr. Nick E. Tran (NickETran)
    NickETran: The Cartesian Machine by Nick E. Tran and Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton are both based on the newly discovered sciences and the terrible disasters that ensued.
    Raptor Red by Robert T. Bakker (Konran, wordcauldron)
    Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: humanity creates without knowing
    When the Wind Blows by James Patterson (themephi)

English (226)  French (3)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (237)
Bioengineers clone a bunch of dinosaurs, try to make a theme park, a rival company try to steal the dinosaurs, dinosaurs do what dinosaurs do, and a paleontologist and a couple of kids come to the rescue. Unless you've been living under a rock since 1993, you know how this story goes. I read the book back in the 90s and the reread was just as good as the first time around. Solid story, great characters, and dinosaurs - what else do you need? ( )
  -Eva- | Jun 28, 2019 |
  -Eva- | Jun 28, 2019 |
A wealthy entrepreneur secretly creates a theme park featuring living dinosaurs drawn from prehistoric DNA. ( )
  jrthebutler | May 7, 2019 |
I would give this a 4.5 but goodreads doesn't let me.
I've always loved the movies and was excited to read the book! It was waaaaaaay better than the movies! As most books are! ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
I loved this! I am quite biased, I will admit, because the movie has been one of my absolute favorites since I was little. I don't think the book was better and let me tell you why: they were different in all the right ways. The movie, as you probably know, is a thrilling adrenaline-filled adventure. The book is also thrilling, but in a different way. I've read that some readers' biggest issue with the book was that it was too technical, but I disagree. I found the science and math behind the creation of the park to be really intriguing but still accessible, and I am not a science or math person. It usually makes my brain hurt. But in Jurassic Park is was a necessary tool to help provide the (what I though was) underlying message and social commentary- unchecked scientific power is just as dangerous any other unchecked power. Now, maybe I am reading too much into it all but I don't care! I loved it. ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |

Crichton, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kanmert Sjölander, MolleTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Reptiles are abhorrent because of their cold body, pale color, cartilaginous skeleton, filthy skin, fierce aspect, calculating eye, offensive smell, harsh voice, squalid habitation, and terrible venom; wherefore their Creator has not exerted his powers to make many of them."

~ LINNAEUS, 1797
"You cannot recall a new form of life."
~ ERWIN CHARGAFF, 1972
For A-M and T
Prologue
The tropical rain fell in drenching sheets, hammering the corrugated roof of the clinic building, roaring down the metal gutters, splashing on the ground in a torrent.
Introduction
The late twentieth century has witnessed a scientific gold rush of astonishing proportions: the headlong and furious haste to commercialize genetic engineering.
Mike Bowman whistled cheerfully as he drove the Land Rover through the Cabo Blanco Biological Reserve, on the west coast of Costa Rica.
Reptielen zijn weerzinwekkend vanwege hun koude lichaam, hun bleke kleur, hun kraakbeenskelet, hun vuile huid, hun wrede uitdrukking, hun berekenende blik, hun afstotelijke geur, hun scherpe stemgeluid, hun smerig nest en hun vreselijk vergif; daarom heeft hun schepper zijn macht niet gebruikt om er vele te maken. (Linnaeus, 1797) Een nieuwe levensvorm kun je niet ongedaan maken. (Erwin Chargaff, 1972)
Because the history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life finds a way.
An astonishing technique for recovering and cloning dinosaur DNA has been discovered. Now, one of mankind's most thrilling fantasies has come true. Creatures extinct for eons now roam Jurassic Park with their awesome presence and profound mystery, and all the world can visit them--for a price.

Until something goes wrong....

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345370775, Mass Market Paperback)

Unless your species evolved sometime after 1993 when Jurassic Park hit theaters, you're no doubt familiar with this dinosaur-bites-man disaster tale set on an island theme park gone terribly wrong. But if Speilberg's amped-up CGI creation left you longing for more scientific background and ... well, character development, check out the original Michael Crichton novel. Although not his best book (get ahold of sci-fi classic The Andromeda Strain for that), Jurassic Park fills out the film version's kinetic story line with additional scenes, dialogue, and explanations while still maintaining Crichton's trademark thrills-'n'-chills pacing. As ever, the book really is better than the movie. --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

A wealthy entrepreneur secretly creates a theme park featuring living dinosaurs drawn from prehistoric DNA. Before opening the attraction to the public, he invites some scientists to experience the park and help calm anxious investors; but, during the visit, the security system breaks down and prehistoric creatures break out.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,319,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible