Verslaafd aan jou by Sylvia Day

Verslaafd aan jou (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sylvia Day, Marike Groot, Ineke De Groot

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness... He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I ?d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds...and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn ?t tear us apart...… (more)
Member:Djumbo
Title:Verslaafd aan jou
Authors:Sylvia Day
Other authors:Marike Groot, Ineke De Groot
Info:Utrecht Bruna 2012
Collections:Gelezen*
Rating:***

Bared to You by Sylvia Day (2012)

Recently added by4bbabymom, rena75, Nany.Diaz, Linyarai, HaidenBaier, private library
    The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (110)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (114)
This is supposed to be higher rated than Fifty Shades of Grey, but I was less impressed by it. I found there was no plot outside of the bedroom, and Eva has less willpower and less spine than Anastasia Steele. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Bared to You is full of drama, dysfunction and troubled characters. Silvia Day is a gifted storyteller and she certainly weaves a fascinating and compelling story. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy.com/2012/06/28/bared-to-you/ ( )
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
Can two people who have been sexually abused have a normal romantic relationship. Sylvia Day brings complex characters to life, and immerses us in their complex life. She highlights the ups and downs we all can face as well as our ability to sabotage ourselves. BDSM is light, more Dom/sub and light bondage
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Oh this book....so many different thoughts and feelings. Eva and Gideon are so screwed up. But that is what makes you want to root for their relationship so much more. They both bring issues from severely messed up family situations into the relationship. It is a wonderful experience to see them work through these issues in their own way. Sometimes I found myself wanting to reach through the book and smack them at times. However, that is what makes me drawn to the characters even more. At times I hated them...hated the choices they made, what they said. But at the same time, it's what made me drawn to them even more.

A lot of the sex scenes are unrealistic, but hey, it's a fantasy novel...what do you expect.

There are some qualms I had with this book, but overall I found myself not being able to put it down. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I must be honest with myself this book reminded me of Fifty shades 2 years back

I will probably never read this ( )
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |

Sylvia Dayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Redfield, JillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sylvia Day's book Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,377,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible