This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously,…

This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It (John… (edition 2012)

by David Wong (Author)

Member:TheCriticalTimes
Title:This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It (John Dies at the End)
Authors:David Wong (Author)
Info:Thomas Dunne Books (2012), Edition: 1, 416 pages

This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It by David Wong

English (38)  German (2)  All languages (40)
The plot in this second novel was a lot more intense in terms of action, never really letting up. I felt that this detracted from the story somewhat. I also didn't find this as humorous as the first book; although there were a few instances of laugh-out-loud sentences or scenarios, I found the first novel funnier and more engaging. Still, it was a good read and worth it. ( )
  Aula | Jun 5, 2018 |
Could have been good... Interesting ideas, but for me there were too many words, the plot was over complicated, philosophical 'rants' felt tacked on, good bits were swamped by too much stuff. I whizzed through not reading all the words... But I am old and not in the target audience. And I didn't care who lived or died which is never a good thing. ( )
  thewriterswife | Mar 26, 2018 |
I enjoyed Spiders even more than John dies at the End. Wacky, bizarre, and funny, also with some scary and truly disgusting moments... A fun audiobook. ( )
  SoubhiKiewiet | Mar 20, 2018 |
The good kinda insane. ( )
  josh513 | Feb 3, 2018 |
not as fun as the first, but still good. got really crazy. I still laughed out loud.:-) ( )
  Chris.Johnson | Jan 29, 2018 |
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT CONTAINS FRANK DESCRIPTIONS OF MONSTERS AND MALE NUDITY.
For Carley, who was a better person than I am even though she was a dog.
You know how sometimes when you're drifting off to sleep you feel that jolt, like you were falling and caught yourself at the last second? It's nothing to be concerned about, it's usually just the parasite adjusting its grip.

"Fan favorite David Wong takes readers to a whole new level with this blistering sequel to the cult sensation John Dies at the End, soon to be a movie starring Paul Giamatti Originally released as an online serial where it received more than 70,000 downloads, John Dies at the End has been described as a "Horrortacular", an epic of "spectacular" horror that combines the laugh out loud humor of the best R-rated comedy, with the darkest terror of H.P. Lovecraft. The book went on to sell an additional 60,000 copies in all formats.As the sequel opens, we find our heroes, David and John, again embroiled in a series of horrifying yet mind-bogglingly ridiculous events caused primarily by their own gross incompetence. The guys find that books and movies about zombies may have triggered a zombie apocalypse, despite a complete lack of zombies in the world. As they race against the clock to protect humanity from its own paranoia, they must ask themselves, who are the real monsters? Actually, that would be the shape-shifting horrors secretly taking over the world behind the scenes that, in the end, make John and Dave kind of wish it had been zombies after all. Hilarious, terrifying, engaging and wrenching, This Book Is Full of Spiders, the next thrilling installment, takes us for a wild ride with two slackers from the midwest who really have better things to do with their time than prevent the apocalypse. "--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,836,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible