The Jerusalem Assassin by Avraham Azrieli

The Jerusalem Assassin

by Avraham Azrieli

action (1) book (1) ebook (1) mystery (1) political (1) suspense (1) thriller (2)

For those eager to read Azrieli's follow up to "The Jerusalem Inception", "The Jerusalem Assassin" does not disappoint! Picking up about 30 years later, Azrieli's unforgettable cast are joined by some new players in a tale you won't be able to put down.

"Lemmy" Gerster has unknowingly followed in his father's footsteps and is working deep undercover for Elie Weiss, playing a long-con to access the vast Nazi fortune stored in a fabled Swiss bank that's tempted Elie for decades. Filling in the "gaps" in the history surrounding the assassination of Israel's Prime Minister, Yitzhak Rabin, Azrieli weaves a tale of deception, espionage, love and passion, taking you to unexpected places and leaving you at the edge of your seat. If you've read any of his other work, you'll love "The Jerusalem Assassin." If you haven't read "The Jerusalem Inception" yet, you should get these together because you won't want to stop reading!
  thommorley | Dec 18, 2013 |
Just put this novel down and let me tell you this is a sequel that is a force to be reckoned with – wow. “The Jerusalem Assassin” takes places almost 30 years later and all of the memorable characters are back and their lives are even more complicated. Azrieli is such a talented writer and a brilliant researcher. He has an amazing ability of taking real historical events and incorporating them in his fictional world. This whole book I kept on thinking could these really be the events leading to the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin? This novel is very thought-provoking and a page turner. I gained a wealth of knowledge about Israeli-Palestine conflict and I was enthralled! How is this series not picked up by television or movies yet? Great read! ( )
  ginaliguori | Dec 6, 2013 |
This book is all kinds of good espionage goodness. It’s a continuation from the Jerusalem Inception where all the major players returned for an encore performance albeit much older. The book starts off with a low rumble assassination that was very intense and leads up to an actual historical event that most of us are familiar with. A lot of the themes from the last book like Ultra-Orthodox religion, Religious Fundamentalism and historical facts make their way back into the book and it can be overpowering at times, but that is the nature of the beast. The way that he keeps the Nazi money going from the last book till now was very inventive and brings up topics on overseas banking practices. This book has a little something for everyone and I loved it. ( )
  abeander | Nov 21, 2013 |
This is a sequel but I am hoping there is another to make it a series as the book ends rather quickly and there is still so much more that can be said. A great history book with a thrilling plot twist. Read it to the end.
  eliciaharris | Nov 18, 2013 |
Again, I appreciated the use of actual historical events with the fictional (or did it really all happen just this way?;) ) aspects of the story. The suspense really kept me reading. Lemme remains a likable character despite his vocation as spy and hired mercenary. Else's character manages to inspire dislike and pity by turns while you wait to see what underhanded thing he will do next. As with good suspense novels the end isn't all wrapped up with a bow. You're sucked in until the last page when you can finally breathe a sigh of relief. If you haven't already read The Jerusalem Inception start there and get the whole story. ( )
  mblamires | Nov 17, 2013 |

Avraham Azrieli is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,862,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible