Dark Soul (Vol 4)

by Aleksandr Voinov

Series: Dark Soul (book 4)

This series was very difficult for me to make my way through. I kept reading expecting it to improve. There are no happy endings here. This series showcases the darker side of the BDSM scene. There is a lot of non-consensual sexual violence between men. The sub in this book is so twisted up and torn up emotionally that he cannot tell what is healthy and what is not. The dom in this book is almost completely unconcerned with the emotional and psychological health of his sub, and actually twists those needs around to suit his own ends, without regard to the effect this will have on his sub. This series depicts a very violent and unhealthy aspect of BDSM. If you have experienced sexual violence, I would strongly recommend staying away from this series. ( )
  RecklessReader | Jan 24, 2016 |
~~~

No Spoilers - just quotes

All this was too bizarre for words.

In this penultimate book in the series things are really coming to a head. Literally, Stephano is pushed to the brink from so many directions that you feel he is about to lose it at any moment. Voinov keeps an edge of discomfort running through this story and that tension is thrilling.

"Tell me to leave."
The barracuda's closing in for the kill.
"I wouldn't mean it."

No one and nothing is pushing Stephano harder or further than himself. I like the dichotomy of these "power men" who are so confused by basic instinct and emotion. And, although I find myself nearly shouting at the characters what the right choice is there is, even in me, an underlying doubt about who's pulling strings and moving pawns.

Who'd give him the wisdon to handle Silvio without losing his mind in addition to his heart?

I was surprised and delighted to find levity mixed into a climactic portion of the story. Again and even more glaringly, Stephano's self-doubt and humanness shows through allowing me to identify (as ridiculous as that seems) with him.

..."you leave...an absence when you're not there. Unlike other people, who leave nothing." He sounded like an idiot, didn't he. Yep, he did.

Although I missed having more of Silvio's perspective in this book, he was clearly central to the story. His angst and pain permeated everywhere and his unique sexual attractiveness makes him an undeniably unforgettable character.

I am looking forward to the conclusion even as I have my concerns that there is likely not going to be a happy ending.

~~~

Take a look at my Male/Male Romance Book Blog:

LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
finally, boys. FINALLY. Now for Vol 5.... ( )
  FanGirlMom | Apr 2, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

Dark Soul (book 4)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,360,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible