Pivot Point by Kasie West

Pivot Point (edition 2013)

by Kasie West (Author)

"A girl with the power to search alternate futures lives out six weeks of two different lives in alternating chapters. Both futures hold the potential for love and loss, and ultimately she is forced to choose which fate she is willing to live thorugh"--
Member:Dreklogar
Title:Pivot Point
Authors:Kasie West (Author)
Info:HarperTeen (2013), 352 pages
Tags:to-read, e-books

Pivot Point by Kasie West

RamblingBookNerd | Jun 5, 2019 |
Addie lives on a secret compound where the inhabitants have paranormal abilities. Hers is the ability to live out two results of a decision, then return and make the choice. The characters are a little flat and the dialogue sometimes awkward but the gimmick of the two timelines is handled quite well by building up suspense while going back and forth. It's a fun read. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Addison (Addie) Coleman is a Searcher. As a Searcher, she can look into the future and see both outcomes forcing her to make a choice. She lives on a compound with others that have special abilities ranging from erasing memories to detecting lies, to moving objects with their minds, or manipulating mass or moods. Addie's ability to see into the future when given two choices seems to be the ideal tool until she is faced with the ultimate choice. She has to choose between living with her mother or father in a recent divorce. Addie can stay in the safe paranormal world on the compound with her mother or leave the compound with her father to live life among the "Norms." Seeing love and loss in both lives makes choosing a path more complicated than she expected.
  jek73 | Nov 16, 2018 |
Very enjoyable. I will definitely re-read it. I enjoyed the questions raised. I was not expecting the suspense and I usually hate alternating storylines but in this case, I really enjoyed it because the two storylines complemented each other and tied everything together. I ended the book longing for a sequel just so I could learn more about the Compound and the characters but this book easily stands alone and things wrap up nicely in the end if not completely happily ever after. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
Kasie West is one of my go-to authors for quick, fun, light reads. This book and its sequel, Split Second, deliver exactly what I expected and I loved every bit of them. ( )
  hes7 | Apr 16, 2018 |
"Heads up," a loud voice called from my right.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,396,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible