Hiding in Plain Sight by Amy N. Wallace

Hiding in Plain Sight

by Amy N. Wallace

This was one of the better books I have read in a long time.

It kept my interest, it had interesting characters, it brought together community, I can't say enough nice things about it.

jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
“Hiding In Plain Sight” by Amy Wallace tells the story of Ashley who has come to a small town called Montezuma to enjoy life at a slower, quieter pace. She was a detective for the Atlanta city police force and now is a deputy sheriff for this small town. She doesn’t know that many people, but has met an older lady, Emma, who treats her like a daughter; Patrick, a psychologist who may be a love interest; and Jonathan, a Mennonite man who is in town to help his aunt and cousin. There are developers in town who want to invigorate the area with new shops, new ideas and liven up the place. There are factions in town who do not want to change their serene surroundings and who do not want to sell their property in order that change can come. Through a series of seemingly “accidental” events, where people are getting hurt, fires are claiming property and all are suspicious of each other, especially Jonathan’s 13-year-old cousin, Bradley, who has been caught doing mischief before. Ashley cannot let these happenings go and is determined to find out who is causing the damages and destruction. She puts herself in danger and pulls Patrick and Jonathan into the drama also. It takes a catastrophe where Patrick, Jonathan and Bradley are all injured before the protagonist is brought to justice.
This is a good read and keeps the reader’s interest throughout. I found myself staying up later than I should trying to finish is and find out who the culprit is.
I received this e-book for free from the publisher for this review.
  SilverShrew | Feb 20, 2014 |
HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT by Amy Wallace is a good romance/suspense story set in Montezuma, Georgia, a small town with a Mennonite community. I enjoyed all the characters in this action-packed,fast paced story. With forgiveness,faith,and interesting characters you can not go wrong by reading “Hiding In Plain Sight”as the characters strugle to find peace,find a place to fit into the community,and find who is causeing the “accidents” at the Yoder farm. Ms. Wallace has a way of weaving a suspense,with faith,romance and a wonderful story of forgiveness and the power of love. A must read! Received for an honest review. Details can be found at Harvest House Publishers,Wynn-Wynn Media,LLC,the author’s website and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING:4

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: DorothyA,My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | May 10, 2012 |
Beautiful, Engaging Story

After her brother's violent death, Ashley Walters became a police officer, so that others would not suffer the same fate. Now ten years later, Ashley moved to Moneptezuma to escape the crushing control of her parents. Montezuma is in the midst of a revitalization effort that threatens to leave the local Menenite community at odds with the rest of the community. When accidents begin to happen, Ashley doesn't know if Brad, a young Menenite boy is to blame or someone else. Patrick, Brad’s counselor meets Ashley and wonders if she is worth the risk of opening his heart. The forgiveness Ashley discovers that is a daily part of the Menenite life, shows Ashley that she tried to control her own life instead of giving control to God. As she learns to forgive, she learns to love and open herself to others.

Amy Wallace does a beautiful job weaving an interesting story, a beautiful setting, and well developed characters with a lesson on control and forgiveness. The strongly Christian theme touched my heart as well as entertained me. I would recommend this story to Christians of any age.

Received Galley from NetGalley. ( )
  Glenajo | Mar 25, 2012 |

In a quiet town with a thriving Mennonite community, police officer Ashley Walters finds her threadbare faith and way of life challenged by the Plain people whose simple dress and welcoming manner open her eyes to a God she left behind. Peace eludes Ashley until she realizes the answers she seeks aren't found in starting over but in returning to the simple truth that it's God who overcomes the world, not her.

Written for women who desire action-packed suspense, romance, and an escape into the peaceful world of the Mennonites, Hiding in Plain Sight delves into the painful struggle to fit in and the search for peace that so often eludes our fast-paced lives.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:46 -0400)

When revitalization plans pit the Mennonite community against the Montezuma, Georgia community, police officer Ashley Walters vows to stop the people responsible.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,358,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible