Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson,…

Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2) (edition 2011)

by M. Terry Green

2081,096,005 (4.19)None
Patients with fractured souls, clients threatened by deadly ancestor spirits, and now the paparazzi-it's all in a day's work for techno-shaman Olivia Lawson. Livvy has rocketed to the top of the shaman world, bringing old friends with her but also attracting new enemies.Even as her career soars, her personal life spirals downward. Broken bonds of love finally force her to confront the terrible secret of her beginning in shamanism. Despite being attacked by dark shamans and navigating a spiritual plane that seems out of control, Livvy's single-minded quest steers her into dangerous territory and puts her on a collision course with those dearest to her.No longer interested in walking a fine line, Livvy discovers that-when the one thing you need is the one thing you can't have-you'll risk everything.… (more)
Member:HollyAHunt
Title:Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
Authors:M. Terry Green
Info:Middleworld, Kindle Edition, 338 pages

Work Information

Shaman, Friend, Enemy by M. Terry Green

I found the story line more annoying this time around. Still, I finished it and I have the 3rd already started. ( )
  richvalle | Jul 11, 2021 |
This second volume in the series was even better than the first! Having done the basic world-building in the previous volume, Green can now focus more thoroughly on the plot, and on fleshing out the details in this fascinating urban fantasy world.

I LOVE the way Green handled the "Big Bad" in this- not at all the usual, even though at first it looks like it will be.

The characters grow and develop, too, and are individuals; they all have their own backgrounds, attitudes, and agendas, and as the world gets more complex, so do they.

It is interesting to note that, thus far, ALL the shamans are women. This is never mentioned in the text specifically, and I am looking forward to an explanation- although I do love the matter-of-fact way Green does this without making a point of it! And because of this, her novels pass the Bechel Test with flying colors!

Highly recommended, especially if you like urban fantasy and want to branch out from the standard vamp/were tropes. But do yourself a favor and start with the first book in this series! While this one would probably make sense without it, you will miss a lot if you skip directly to #2. ( )
  cissa | Jul 14, 2016 |
Well done. A new adventure for Livvy and friends. The world is imaginative and well held together. The story is engaging and drew me along. I'm glad I have book 3 to dive into. ( )
  Perrywilson | May 24, 2014 |
4.5 stars
Review coming soon ( )
  AKMamma | Nov 25, 2013 |
My Opinion :

Shaman, Healer, Heretic, the previous book to Shaman, Friend, Enemy was a pretty good book that I enjoyed, and this book was the same for me. I have pretty much the same opinion, so that is why this review will be pretty short.

In Shaman, Friend, Enemy, the story begins about a month (or more) after the first book ended. But now, business of Olivia is way better, since she has gotten a lot of publicity all over the media. But now, a dark shaman named Dominique has set her mind to kill Olivia so that she can be richer.

Shaman, Friend, Enemy is written in a quicker pace than the first book, which I liked, since it was so easy to get through.

Olivia makes me really angry. Like, a lot. To me, she is REALLY whiny at times (which I odn't like), but other times she's great and smart and kick-ass. Also... she makes weird decisions.

I don't really like the covers... :S

3 roses ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,348,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible