The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

The Ragamuffin Gospel (original 1990; edition 2000)

by Brennan Manning

Many believers feel stunted in their Christian growth. They beat themselves up over their failures and, in the process, pull away from God because they subconsciously believe He tallies their defects and hangs His head in disappointment. In this newly repackaged edition, now with full appendix, study questions, and the author's own epilogue, 'Ragamuffin Ten Years Later,' Brennan Manning reminds believers that nothing could be further from the truth. The Father beckons with a 'furious love' that burns brightly and constantly. Only when believers truly embrace God's grace can they bask in the joy of a gospel that enfolds the most needy of His flock: the 'ragamuffins.'… (more)
Member:LireEnRoute
Title:The Ragamuffin Gospel
Authors:Brennan Manning
Info:Multnomah Books (2000), Paperback, 240 pages
Rating:*****

The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning (1990)

Acc # 4390
  OgemaBaptistChurch | Oct 17, 2019 |
The Bible tells us that by grace we are saved. So why does our spirituality often start with ourselves, not with God? Why are we likely to believe in grace in theory but deny it in practice?

In The Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning explores the true meaning of the word grace in all its power. When we beat ourselves up over who we are or what we've done, we pull away from God. When we acknowledge that it is only grace that can save us, we draw near to a God who delights in who He created us to be.
  StFrancisofAssisi | Oct 6, 2019 |
Most of us believe in God’s grace—in theory. But somehow we can’t seem to apply it in our daily lives. We continue to see Him as a small-minded bookkeeper, tallying our failures and successes on a score sheet.
Yet God gives us His grace, willingly, no matter what we’ve done. We come to Him as ragamuffins—dirty, bedraggled, and beat-up. And when we sit at His feet, He smiles upon us, the chosen objects of His “furious love.” ( )
  HCC_ResourceLibrary | Jan 3, 2019 |
I chose not to finish this book. Brennan Manning presents himself as being very sour about the US protestant church, yet offers no solutions - only a whining attitude. He tells us nothing new. Oddly enough, he equates it all to AA meetings. The book may improve towards it ending, but I have many other books to read before I find out. ( )
  rcalbright | Sep 5, 2017 |
What a wonderful book. brennen has such a friendly style of writing; feels like he is in the room with you just telling some stories; has wonderful insights into what it truly means to be a follower of Chist; let yourself beloved; and love all others/ awesome!! ( )
  longhorndaniel | Jul 19, 2017 |
emprestei para Mirian em maio 2014

added by juliocutrim | editsao paulo

Brennan Manningprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brock, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brock, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Smith, Michael W.Forewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Home is that sacred space--external or internal--where we don't have to be afraid, where we are confident of hospitality and love.
Compassion for others is not a simple virtue because it avoids snap judgments--right or wrong, good or bad, hero or villain: it seeks truth in all its complexity.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,573,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible