Kingdom through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the…

by Peter J. Gentry

451None41,990 (4.36)None
The disciplines of biblical and systematic theology join forces to investigate anew the biblical covenants and the implications of such a study for conclusions in systematic theology. By incorporating the latest available research from the ancient Near East and examining implications of their work for Christology, ecclesiology, eschatology, and hermeneutic--Biblical scholar Peter Gentry and systematic theologian Stephen Wellum present a thoughtful and viable alternative to both covenant theology and dispensationalism.… (more)

No reviews
He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments. Psalm 78:5-7 ESV
A Legacy for My Children. Stewart John, Laura and Stephen, Joseph Daniel, Emma Grace, and Sophie Rose -- Peter Gentry
With Gratititude to Our Triune Covenant Lord for My Parents Colin and Joan Wellum -- Stephen Wellum
[Preface to the Second Edition] We are extremely grateful to Justin Taylor and the entire Crossway team for an opportunity to present a revised edition of 'Kingdom through Covenant.'
[Note from Peter Gentry] Serious reflection on all known reviews led me to reconsider my exegesis in a few areas.
[Note from Stephen Wellum] Given the opportunity to write a revised edition, I carefully edited and re-wrote parts 1 and 3.
[Preface to the First Edition] The desing for 'Kingdom through Covenant' is based on the conviction that biblical theology and systematic theology go hand in hand.
The pupose of this book is to demonstrate two claims.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,608,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible