Design Is a Job

by Mike Monteiro

Series: A Book Apart (No. 7)

I'm not a freelancer or in a small design house where I need to worry about things like billing and contracts (or then again maybe I do, there are things that have gone wrong for me that this suggests should have had expectations set in initial negotiations...), but the advice in here was still well worth reading, especially chapters on process, presenting, and managing feedback. ( )
  haloedrain | Aug 3, 2019 |
Useful advice and information for any designer out there that is just starting out or that wants to learn about other designers' experiences. ( )
  d3vr | Dec 28, 2016 |
Great! It's a great pep-talk for those of us who deal with this kind of stuff on a regular basis. And since it's not something that gets talked about all that often, in my experience, it's nice to hear someone else's thoughts on dealing with the nuts and bolts of contract design and development work. ( )
  chasing | Jan 18, 2016 |
I started highlighting sections of this book, then gave up because I realized I'd be better off highlighting the few sentences that weren't tremendously useful. If you have anything to do with design in a professional capacity, whether your'e a designer or someone who works with designers, this is one of the best investments of time and money you'll ever make. Read it, think about, talk about it with your colleagues, and use it as a guide. It's a fantastic book. ( )
  erikschmidt | Sep 2, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

A Book Apart (No. 7)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,460,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible