The Inexplicables (Clockwork Century) by…

The Inexplicables (Clockwork Century) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Cherie Priest

Member:jasonpettus
Title:The Inexplicables (Clockwork Century)
Authors:Cherie Priest
Info:Tor Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:*****

The Inexplicables by Cherie Priest (2012)

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (PghDragonMan)
    PghDragonMan: A very creepy Seattle is home to may people . . . and things.

English (26)  French (1)  All languages (27)
Unlike the fast-moving and exciting BONESHAKER, an irritating and unappealing lead character makes THE INEXPLICABLES a hard slog. ( )
  LKAYC | Dec 26, 2015 |
Not as good as the others. I think it's the main characters and the premise of this book isn't as interesting or as exciting to me.
  Schlyne | Nov 12, 2015 |
I have enjoyed Cherie Priest's prior books in this series. I enjoy the characters and their development, and the fast-paced action. However, I believe with this book, like Fonzie on waterski's, the series has "jumped the shark". Was the introduction of a blight-poisoned Sasquatch really necessary? The time spent on this tangent would have been much better applied to a further description of the underground and how it was being rebuilt. Maybe next time? ( )
  1Randal | Feb 3, 2015 |
I like Cherie Priest's Clockwork Century stories. This one read a wee bit flat to me, but I'm not sure that is the fault of the book. I was distracted as I read it and never really settled fully into it.

It seemed fitting to have a sap addict (recovering) as the protagonist and I really enjoyed seeing Princess Sealth take a more central role. Beyond that, it seemed to just be another visit to the Doornails. This is a good thing, but not as interesting as other gifts Priest has given us in this series. ( )
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |
  1Randal | Aug 25, 2014 |

Cherie Priestprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nielsen, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
So I became a dreamer, and acquired an indisposition to all bodily activity; and I was fretful and inordinately passionate, and as I could not play at anything, and was slothful, I was despised and hated by the boys.

-Samuel Taylor Coleridge,

in a letter to his friend Thomas Poole
Rector "Wreck'em" Sherman was delivered to the Sisters of Loving Grace Home for Orphans the week it opened, on February 9, 1864.

In this fifth installment in the Clockwork Century steampunk adventure series, Rector "Wreck 'em" Sherman, a drug dealer haunted by the ghost of a kid he used to know, sneaks over the wall into the wasteland of Seattle where he makes a shocking discovery that changes everything.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,234,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible