Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World

by Tony Wagner

From the founder of Harvard's Change Leadership Group comes a provocative look at why innovation is today's most essential real-world skill and what young people need to become innovators.

lots to think about, certainly doesn't support all the testing we do. ( )
  pollycallahan | Jul 1, 2023 |
Tony Wagner's follow-up to the Global Achievement Gap. He interviews young Innovators and their parents to find out what set them apart.

What you won't find here is Tiger Mom or Helicopter Parent.

What I found was my own Mom. She did many of these things--encouraged us to find our passions, drove us to several libraries so we would be exposed to all kinds of books, and allowed us to try out many different interests. These are the kind of things that Tony found common amongst the Innovators.

auldhouse | Sep 30, 2021 |
I loved the "Global Information Gap", but this one is slooow going for me (stuck in the intro after making several attempts to move through it). ( )
  decaturmamaof2 | Nov 28, 2018 |
Right on target for me. It inspires me to do more, try more, and be a little more disobedient. Every teacher should read this and wonder if they are part of the problem or are willing to be part of the solution. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
Wagner is a Harvard professor whose passion is cultivating and seeking innovation in American schools, preschool through higher ed. Using examples of exemplary students, teachers, schools, countries (here's Finland again), and parents, Wagner's profiles augment his stance that our educational system needs to change in order to feed the minds and imaginations of the next generation of innovators. The book is an innovation in and of itself as well; over 60 unique videos are embedded within the (e)book, embedded within the print edition (QR codes) or available on his website. ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |

Tony Wagnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Graham, HolterNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,129,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible