Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey,…

by E L James

Series: Fifty Shades (1-4)

1,1544713,101 (3.5)1 / 26
Fifty shades of grey: When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind -- until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.Fifty shades darker: Daunted by Christian's dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.Fifty shades freed: Now, Ana and Christian have it all--love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana's deepest fears into reality. .… (more)
Member:Juarez_Santiago
Title:Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set
Authors:E L James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 1664 pages

Fifty Shades Trilogy: Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed 3-volume Boxed Set by E. L. James

English (44)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (47)
or some reason, I’ve always imagined Fifty Shades of Grey to be a young adult book, but I can assure you – it is not. In fact, at one point whilst reading this I had to get out of my bed and go and sit in the bathroom to read this because I felt so uncomfortable sitting next to my mother reading that sort of fiction.
  wardha.khalid | Oct 18, 2021 |
I avoided this series as long as I could but it went on super sale on Black Friday and I couldn't resist. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I'm still waiting to see what the fuss was about and I finished the books 3 days ago. Terrible writing, repetitive use of a lot of words (goddess stands out as one that would have gotten me drunk if I was playing a drinking game), and overall just silly. When you look past the nonsense (which is hard to do), there is a decent story in there but I so don't get the big deal. I also really don't understand how this is about to be a movie and I really don't want to see the movie. Some things are better left to the imagination and I think I'll just call this trilogy the one that kept me amused while I was commuting an hour each way for training. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
  alonewillow | Jan 16, 2021 |
Repetitive, kind of like the original this fan fic is based on. There are things I really liked about it, but by the end I was just working to finish. There are much better series similar to this out there. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
Read Twilight? Love it ? Before you judge these books or my review, think about those first two questions I pose to you. This was a piece of fan fiction, later self-published, then major best seller - read about its origin here first http://goo.gl/t9YGYP. I decided it was long overdue for me to write this review. And I owe it to those who may read my other reviews to be candid. In conversing with a friend today,I realized that I too may have become jaded in the hype, forgetting how it started and what it was really about. Is this my most favorite book? No, but it is what got me out of the Harlequin/Nora Roberts soft romance circles I was in. FSOG introduced me to contemporary romance/erotica. Some new and recent authors I thoroughly love and a community readers I respect. But honestly, can I give this book any less than 5? Nope, I honestly cannot. I have read ALOT of self published stuff. Overlooked bad spelling, grammar and content flow. I read heavy duty violence,drug and physical abuse. And gave that 4 stars. These novels deserves more from me.

It's a story. It's not about the BDSM . It's character growth,the ability to change. It's got mystery and suspense. And yes, steamy scenes. What are my pros and cons? The first book started slow. I have stated dry. I couldn't seem to invest in the characters early on. I wasn't grasping what drove them. Ana perplexed me. How could a character be strong one moment then such low self esteem the next? However the ending of book one hit me in the solar plexus. I remember finishing it around midnight. I stayed up until 2am to get into book two because this had to not be the end of Christian's story. Yes, Christian. The person I wanted to know more about. I only had Ana's POV, his words to her not his thoughts. My utmost favorite part of the trilogy- the epilogues in the back of Christian's POV. Finally, what I craved to understand I got a glimpse of.

So, yes, you may pick this up and scoff "This is no Bella and Edward". Yes, you are right. There are not blood sucking, murdering vampires and werewolves. Just some scenes of alternative life style that happens every day. Come to LA and I'll show you Hollywood Blvd. It's real not wrong difference you think it to be. But give this STORY a chance. ( )
  karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |
You nailed it author, I was sucked right after reading the first few paragraphs. You know what, I suggest you join NovelStar's writing competition. A lot of readers will love your work.
added by RichardRomez | editLibraryThing.com

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,186,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible