Eve and Adam by Michael Grant

What if you had the chance to “play God” and create the perfect boy? Fighting boredom while recuperating at her mother’s research facility after an automobile accident, Evening (Eve) Spiker accepts the challenge to create the perfect boy. Using a computer simulation created at the facility, she creates Adam from scratch — his muscles, brain, personality traits — everything. This fantasy will keep teens interest as they discover along with Eve the hidden secrets at Spiker Pharmaceuticals and Adam’s fate — is he real or just a simulation?
Sharyn H. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog. ( )
  mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
well done. nice plot twist ( )
  shadowdancer | Jun 22, 2017 |
A fast-paced story filled with action and romance woven into it. I greatly enjoyed this read! It had been a long time since a novel had me diving so deep in it. I devoured ''Eve & Adam''. The only downside is that the narrator sometimes jumps to feelings without really having established them beforehand. But there are emotions, of course, loads of them (which is a good thing).

I would have wished for a bigger book.

Simply put: I loved it! ( )
  Catherine_GV | May 23, 2017 |
Library copy ( )
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
This book confused me so much in the beginning...
Not at the story, but with the narrating voices. Solo comes like a jerk on that first chapter, then he's smart, then he's a little stupid, then smart again... And I never got to FEEL Evening. I felt like her voiced changed every few chapters (and it had nothing to do with character growth).
Overall, the story kept my attention, made me keep reading and helped me survive a couple of boring classes. ( )
  LiindaSnow97 | Mar 8, 2016 |

Grant, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Applegate, Katherinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Applegate, Katherinemain authorall editionsconfirmed

In the beginning, there was an apple –

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's head clears a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother’s research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.

Just when Eve thinks she will die – not from her injuries, but from boredom—her mother gives her a special project: Create the perfect boy.

Using an amazingly detailed simulation, Eve starts building a boy from the ground up. Eve is creating Adam. And he will be just perfect . . . won’t he?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:44 -0400)

While recuperating after a car accident in Spiker Biotech's lush San Francisco facilities, sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he's never questioned anything ... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn't right, and Evening's mother may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.… (more)

Michael Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,978,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible