The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas

The Last Girl

by Kitty Thomas

Depraved

Kitty Thomas's The last girl was a strange one , very different, but I absolutely loved the idea that a vampire is just mainly a predator, no excuses., No romanticizing as we usually get in these instances , just a stone cold killer playing with his pet., this also made it so much sweeter when Christian develops so not wanted feelings for his pampered pet Juliette, be aware as per usual in Kitty's novels, that this is a very twisted, dark ,depraved love story where are fanged christian loves nothing more than his pets fear, pain and blood ,this was an excellent dark five star read. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Aug 6, 2019 |
Review to come
  amdase | Nov 4, 2014 |
I really liked this, for several reasons.
1) It was my first vampire novel, and I'm pleasantly surprized with the subject matter.
2) The novel seems to have several passages that form a key or a primer or something of the kind for another one of Ms. Thomas novels, Comfort Food, which is a favourite of mine.
3) The novel is told with first person perspective in the present tense, which works out well for the story telling.

I would not consider this Ms. Thomas best work. The characters could be more rounded and grounded than they are, and the overall tension level is lower than I've come to expect from her based on other work that I've read.
Still a very enjoyable read. Recommended ( )
  Bluerabella | Sep 23, 2013 |
This is not a bad story, but I was expecting something better. It was a paranormal version of Comfort Food (I thought [b:Comfort Food|7920450|Comfort Food|Kitty Thomas|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1281078667s/7920450.jpg|11221308] was better). I enjoyed this story, but it is not my favorite by this author. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
The Last Girl by Kitty Thomas

This is the first book I’ve read written by Kitty Thomas, her writing is fantastic, her words flowed smoothly, and the plot and character descriptions are well written. Kitty is one fantastic author and gives us a unique dark erotic story.

This story is about Juliette and Christian, Christian is an 800 year old vampire and has waiting 6 years for Juliette to turn of age so he could take her and make her his. It is told in Juliette point of view which I found it easy to read and understand how Juliette was feeling throughout the story. Sometimes it was heart wrenching this is a dark story which contains group sexual activity, sadomasochism, same sex/blood play/oral and anal play and is not for anyone who doesn’t enjoy reading the dark erotica/bdsm genre.

I will say that there is more to this story then just bdsm/erotica you end up feeling for Christian and Juliette sometime you can even see past the master Christian. And of course you feel so much for Juliette and the situation she is in.

I would recommend The Last Girl to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance with dark erotica.
  TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |
I am seven hundred and eighty-two.

Six years ago strangers broke into Juliette’s house; she was home alone and only thirteen. She kept her eyes closed, praying that if she didn’t see anything, she wouldn’t be killed. No one harmed her. In fact, one of the thieves protected her. Now Juliette’s dreams are haunted by him.

Christian has waited to take her, resisting the urge each night. It always ends badly with human pets. They’re too fragile. The longer he can wait, the better, because the moment he takes her, the clock on her life starts ticking down.

Then she’ll be gone forever.

-Amazon

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,824,058 books! | Top bar: Always visible