HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Never Con a Corgi (Leigh Koslow Mystery, #6)…

Never Con a Corgi (Leigh Koslow Mystery, #6) (edition 2012)

by Edie Claire

Leigh's back in this sixth installment of the Leigh Koslow Mysteries.Hapless advertising copywriter Leigh Koslow, who was last seen joyfully announcing to her politician husband that she was pregnant, is now a middle-aged mom who is more than happy to leave the macabre pandemonium of her thirties behind. Unfortunately, Leigh's killer karma hasn't really deserted her; it's only been biding its time.When an innocent walk in the woods with her dog turns up a corpse, Leigh begins to get worried. It's bad enough that the victim is a client of her agency. It's even worse that he's the same unscrupulous real estate developer who's been conniving to bulldoze her aunt Bess' homestead. And it would be a whole lot better for everyone in Leigh's family if her cousin Cara's husband hadn't brawled with the man in front of a church full of witnesses an hour before the murder. But fate is what it is, and as Leigh's beleaguered friend, Detective Maura Polanski, sets out once again to save the Koslow clan from self-destruction, the women face their toughest battle yet, because not only has Leigh failed to outgrow her inborn talent for trouble, she's bestowed it on the next generation.… (more)

Like I said, the series is better the second time around which is probably my personal head space at work. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Jul 31, 2019 |
I read and enjoyed all of the previous Leigh Koslow mysteries. They are
fun and entertaining and the mysteries don't suffer a bit from the lightheartedness.
Koslow has a weird habit of happening upon dead bodies. Lucky for her she know some
good folks in good places to keep her out of trouble. Most of the time, at least.

It has been a while since the last Koslow mystery, and I wasn't sure how it would
all come together. I did find my answer! It all came together beautifully! Koslow is
married now and has a set of twins that absolutely add to the story! There is a husband
and also, of course a Corgi who fits right into this madcap extended family. By extended,
I mean... well, I think I will let you find out.

This is an excellent stand alone read. But why would you want to deprive yourself of all
of the equally fun and entertaining books that lead up to this one? Don't do it! Start at
the beginning of the series, and for a little added spice, read the other novels by this author.
I suspect that you will consider it time well spent. All of these books are fun and appropriate
for all ages, I promise. And one last thing, the Koslow books take place in the Pittsburgh Pa area
which might make it even more fun if you live in the area.

Oh, and one more thing.. Edie Claire, the author, is an animal lover, and this shows in her books.
The cats and dogs have as much personality as do the other characters. No silly discussions among
themselves you understand, they just behave as they are meant to, and add much to the stories.

highly recommended. ( )
2 vote mckait | Apr 27, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,928,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible