The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Fast Easy Fresh

by Barbara Fairchild

From the world's most trusted cooking experts, 1,100 great recipes to get weeknight dinners on the table fast Inspired by the popular "Fast Easy Fresh" feature in Bon Appetit and written in the user-friendly, approachable style so familiar to the magazine's 6 million readers, this cookbook is a must for people who want everyday dinners that are quick, delicious, and contemporary. These are not the old-fashioned, lackluster choices found in most 30-minute cookbooks and cooking shows. The Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook is all about ease, speed--and taste. There are 1,100 exciting, flavorful recipes, with dishes that take a fun, modern spin like Arugula Salad with Olives, Pancetta, and Parmesan; Roasted Garlic Beef Stew; Linguine with Winter Pesto; Shrimp with Ginger-Herb Butter; Grilled Steak with Fresh Garden Herbs; and Peach Pie with Berry Jam. All of the recipes are simple enough for weeknights, but with their focus on fresh ingredients and vibrant flavors, they're really special enough for weekends, too. Illustrated throughout with handsome line drawings and 32 pages of beautiful new color photographs, this collection of favorite Bon Appetit recipes is sure to quickly become the go-to resource for home cooks everywhere, whether they're beginners or simply looking to stay on top of their game. For everyone who's eager to make truly satisfying and delicious meals--without spending a lot of time in the kitchen--this is the cookbook to reach for every night of the week.… (more)

I love this cookbook! Now that my fussy eater has gone off to college, I'm trying all sorts of new recipes. This book includes many that serve two, perfect for my husband and me. There are also several that serve four which are easy to reduce or great for leftovers for lunch. I have been trying two or three each week and have yet to find one we don't like.
I highly recommend the Chicken and White Bean Chili served with cornbread. Although it serves six and although my husband professes to hate beans, we had a guest over for dinner and the three of us scraped the pot clean. ( )
  MmeRose | Jan 31, 2010 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,060,126 books! | Top bar: Always visible