Prodigy: A Legend Novel by Marie Lu

Prodigy: A Legend Novel (edition 2013)

by Marie Lu (Author)

Series: Legend (2)

Member:hes7
Title:Prodigy: A Legend Novel
Authors:Marie Lu (Author)
Info:G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: First Edition, 384 pages
Rating:*****

Prodigy by Marie Lu

English (116)  German (1)  All languages (117)
Prodigy is the second book in Marie Lu’s Legend trilogy. The Legend series is a dystopian, young adult trilogy in the same vein as Hunger Games and Divergent in that an authoritative government has taken over the United States and it is up to teenagers to try and conquer them. You need to start with the first book, Legend, to be able to understand Prodigy.

In my review of Legend, I noted that there wasn’t any back story of how the Republic came into power and that I hoped it would be explained in the subsequent books. And indeed it was in Prodigy thankfully. There’s not much more I can say without spoiling Legend and probably this book as well. I will say that although I liked it, I didn’t find it to be as riveting as Legend. However, I definitely want to stick with it and read the final book, Champion, to find out how the story ends and I think you will too. ( )
  mcelhra | May 22, 2019 |
that ending....WHATTTTTTTT ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
Mijn volledige recensie is terug te vinden op:

Na het laatste hoofdstuk ben ik benieuwd naar het volgende deel! Wonderkind.
Het beloofd wat!
Zo eindigde mijn review van Legend.

Wonderkind

En die belofte word wat mij betreft meer dan goed gemaakt! Het boek gaat verder, negen dagen nadat Day en June uit Batalla Hall zijn ontsnapt en uit Los Angeles zijn weggevlucht.
De Patriotten willen Day en June helpen, maar vragen daar een hoge tol voor! Ze moeten allebei, op hun eigen manier helpen om de nieuwe Elector Primo te doden.

Persoonlijk vind ik dat Wonderkind Legend overtreft. En dus op naar deel drie: Finale!.
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
O.M.G. This book. I—it was—no words.

I’ll admit, I was a little lost in the beginning. I really should have reread Legend before reading this one, because I read Legend months ago, and I DON’T REALLY REMEMBER HOW IT ENDED. And you know, that’s all I need. I mean, even though I usually do reread books in their entirety whenever the next book in the series comes out, all I really NEED to do is reread the last chapter of the previous book, but I like rereading the entire thing, so sue me, okay?

A couple chapters in, I didn’t REMEMBER the end of Legend, per se, but I figured out what was happening and got into the flow of it.

So, last night, my family was watching something, some news station and then a movie, I think. And I was sitting there on the couch, well into the second half of the the book, and there were these squeaking noises emerging from me as I begged June and Day not to break up.
And, for once, they listened to me and didn’t! Or, at least, not at that point. They did break up on the last page, but I was cool with that. The reasons were different and they made sense.

You know what? I can’t explain this book. You need to go read it, is what you need to do. Especially if you wanna know what happens.

Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Marie Lu keeps up the action of the first book in this second installment of the trilogy. The only thing that tripped me up about this installment was the pacing; at times, it felt slightly off to me. The pace overall didn't feel even, making the timeline included within the book slightly difficult to follow. But the end left room for the final book in the trilogy, and left enough open to make me want to read the final book. Overall, the characters made up for the flaws in the plot and the formatting still helped to build the voices of both June and Day.

Read more at between-the-shelves.com! ( )
  Amanda7 | Oct 12, 2018 |
Day jolts awake beside me.
Not part of the Claudy Conn Legend series.

June and Day make their way to Las Vegas where they join the rebel Patriot group and become involved in an assassination plot against the Elector in hopes of saving the Republic.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,923,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible