Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

Dragons Love Tacos

by Adam Rubin, Daniel Salmieri (Illustrator)

Explores the love dragons have for tacos, and the dangers of feeding them them anything with spicy salsa.

English (145)  Spanish (2)  All languages (147)
“Dragons Love Tacos” was written by Adam Rubin and illustrated by Daniel Salmieri. It was published in 2012 by Dial Books and the target age is three to seven years old. This book is all about dragons and how much they love tacos -lots of tacos. The reason I liked this book is because it has an imaginative plot and is about two things that most young children love these days: dragons and tacos. I liked how the language is witty and silly which makes it enjoyable for children and adults to read. The book says that dragons love tacos, but hate spicy salsa and that the boy in the story should just bury it in the backyard so they do not find it. In the story, spicy salsa is actually what makes dragons breathe fire. The writing style flowed really well and was engaging. Overall the book was humorous and I really liked how the illustrations fit the written style and added to the silliness. One page showed dragons dressed up in costumes and then dragons playing charades. Another part of the books shows what happens when the main character accidentally gave the dragons mild salsa with jalapeno bits in it -all the dragons are shooting fire out of their mouths! This book was fun to read and I can see children loving it and laughing throughout.
  chelleruiz6 | Feb 11, 2020 |
How to prepare tacos for dragons or you could have an unhappy dragon. And do they like you or your tacos?

Fun story on how much dragons love tacos and how you must do them for the dragons or you will have some mighty sick dragons which I know I don't want. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Dec 9, 2019 |
Not a fan of the message on this one -- lots of repetition of hatred and that some foods are inherently bad, and more xenophobic overtones than we'd prefer to instill to boot. ( )
  acbt | Nov 15, 2019 |
A little boy wants to throw a party for dragons, a taco party! The boy accidentally feeds them spicy salsa instead of mild and his house goes up in flames. But don't worry, the dragons help him rebuild it.
This book is funny and a huge it with kids of all ages. It is suspenseful: the narrator reiterates over and over that dragons hate spicy salsa, we know they're going to eat spicy salsa, it's just a matter of when. It always gets lots of laughs. ( )
  atreffinger | Oct 21, 2019 |
This book was about dragons who LOVE tacos! But, they can’t eat spicy salsa, because it makes them sick! They love parties too, especially taco parties! Except when there’s spicy salsa, they burn the house down. But then they helped to fix it.
  Remi.Kauffman | Sep 16, 2019 |

Adam Rubinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Salmieri, DanielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,363,673 books! | Top bar: Always visible