Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor & Park (edition 2012)

by Rainbow Rowell (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Eleanor & Park
Authors:Rainbow Rowell (Author)
Info:Orion (2012)
Collections:Fiction, Your library

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

George by Alex Gino (Othemts)
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (BookshelfMonstrosity)
    BookshelfMonstrosity: Both of these emotionally intense realistic fiction novels are set in the recent past, and feature misfit protagonists working through the agonies and ecstasies of first love, friendship, and surviving high school.
    I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan (bluenotebookonline)

English (427)  Spanish (1)  Danish (1)  German (1)  Catalan (1)  All (431)
4.5 stars ( )
  turningleaves | Sep 22, 2017 |
This book kept my attention because of the dynamic and complex relationships between the characters. ( )
  LibrarianFemal | Sep 21, 2017 |
Eleanor is a big girl with fiery red, curly hair. She is new and at first has trouble fitting in at school and is bullied. But, when she and the (half) Korean guy (Park) she sits beside on the bus start sharing comic books and music, they seem to hit it off. But, Eleanor needs to hide her new relationship, as her stepfather is mentally and emotionally abusive toward her, her mother, and all her siblings. He can never find out (nor can her mother).

I enjoyed most of the book, but Eleanor annoyed me with some of her decisions. I didn’t like the end at all, but I kept a pretty good rating even though I disliked the end so much, simply because I liked the rest of the book so much. The book alternated viewpoints between Eleanor and Park. I listened to the audio, which was done well with two different narrators. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 11, 2017 |
I've been on a stretch of reading YA contemporary romance, and I've found my favorite by far. This extraordinary story of a first love between two original, complicated, passionate, and awkward teens finding each other in the midst of difficult circumstances is real and raw. I loved it. ( )
  sylliu | Aug 31, 2017 |
This was only a mediocre book for me. I'm pretty sure this book was on my list because of all the raves I'd heard about it, but I wasn't in the mood for it, something I didn't realize until I as already halfway through. And by that time I decided I should just finish it and move on. The young adult feel didn't translate well for me and the romance didn't feel right to me - too sudden, and not emotionally deep enough. But again, probably just my mood. And finally the story outside of the romance seemed lacking in depth. All those things together led to a mediocre read. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 31, 2017 |
I have never seen anything quite like “Eleanor & Park.” Rainbow Rowell’s first novel for young adults is a beautiful, haunting love story — but I have seen those. It’s set in 1986, and God knows I’ve seen that. There’s bullying, sibling rivalry, salvation through music and comics, a monstrous stepparent — and I know, we’ve seen all this stuff. But you’ve never seen “Eleanor & Park.” Its observational precision and richness make for very special reading.
added by melmore | editNew York Times, John Green (Mar 8, 2013)

Rainbow Rowellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gorovoy, AnnaDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grlic, OlgaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lowman, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Malhotra, SunilNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russell, HarrietCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Forest, Jade, Haven, and Jerry -
and everyone else in the back of the truck
He'd stopped trying to bring her back.
He loved how much they loved each other. It was the thing he thought about when he woke up scared in the middle of the night. Not that they loved him -- they were his parents, they had to love him. That they loved each other. They didn't have to do that.

"Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits--smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,968,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible