A Place for Bats

by Melissa Stewart

Series: A Place for

923239,809 (3)None
Examines the ecosystems that support the survival of bats as well as efforts to save the mammals, introducing readers to ways human action or inaction can affect bat populations.

The bat populations around the world are being threatened. Learn what we can do to keep them from becoming extinct.
This title is recommended for optional purchase to add to a conservation collection. There are no reference aids such as an index, table of contents, etc. making it difficult to locate information. The book reads like a picture book making it a good read aloud in the early elementary classroom to introduce a unit on bats or conservation. There is little information given about the various bat species just sidebars that tell what can be done to help the species survive. The illustrations are dark and sometimes make the bats look scary. This is a reprint of a title that was originally copyrighted in 2012. ( )
  SWONclear | Jun 22, 2017 |
This book is a well written children’s informational book of the different species of bats, how they are affected by human actions, and what we can do to help reverse our mistakes. I especially appreciated how the essence of each bat/issue is displayed at the top of the page and the additional, more complex reads, are portrayed on the side. Another feature that I liked about the book was the illustrations. While showing descriptive details of the bats, the illustrator also captured the mood of the text, creating a better understanding of the consequences of human actions on bats. I also enjoyed reading the interesting facts about bats (located at the back of the book). Who knew that seven of the 45 kinds of bats live in North America are on the endangered list? I found this book to be a useful read and I think others may too, whether they are bat lovers or not. ( )
  Amy_Ko | Nov 11, 2015 |
Good information about the important role bats play in the environment and how to help create safe environments where they can thrive. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,144,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible