Llama Llama Time to Share by Anna Dewdney

Llama Llama Time to Share (2012)

by Anna Dewdney

I liked this book for a variety of reasons. This book is focused on a group of children who are Llamas who like to have playtime. One reason I like this story is because the animals are given human characteristics. This makes the read easier for young children to relate to. This book also has a great moral to the story. The book is focused on the concept of sharing and why it is important. This is a great read for caretakers or teachers to read to children so they can understand why sharing is important and how it makes our friends feel. ( )
  Swin1 | Apr 10, 2019 |
Llama Llama has new neighbors! Nelly Gnu and her mama stop by for a play date, but Llama's not so sure it's time to share all his toys. Maybe just his blocks? It could be fun to make a castle with Nelly . . . But wait--Nelly has Llama's little Fuzzy Llama! The fun turns to tears when Fuzzy Llama is ripped in two, "all because of Nelly Gnu!" Mama comes to the rescue and fixes Fuzzy, but she makes it clear: "I'll put Fuzzy on the stairs, until you're sure that you can share."
  wichitafriendsschool | Jul 30, 2018 |
New neighbors move in, and Nelly Gnu comes over to play with Llama. But sharing toys is hard...especially Fuzzy Llama! Eventually Nelly and Llama work it out, with one intervention from Mama Llama, and find an activity they can happily do together. ( )
  JennyArch | May 21, 2018 |
Llama does not like to share, but once he tries it out with his new neighbor, he makes a friend!
  cturner16 | Feb 23, 2018 |
I thought this book was really well written for young children. The story is about a young llama who must learn to share and get along with the new friend who comes to visit. They both must learn how to compromise things to play that they both like. Although the young llama isn't too fond of the friend in the beginning, by the end she is sad to see him go and is excited for the next time they can play together. this book is a great way to teach students about sharing and playing well with others, which I think is especially important for young students. I would definitely use this in Kindergarten and first grade classrooms where play is really important. ( )
  KatelynPoore | Feb 19, 2018 |

Llama has a sharing drama!

Build a tower. Make a moat.
Nelly's dolly sails a boat.
What can Llama Llama add?
Maybe sharing's not so bad.

Fun to read aloud and helpful to children and parents alike, Llama Llama Time to Share is for any child who needs a little encouragement in sharing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:58 -0400)

"Llama Llama doesn't want to share his toys with his new neighbors. But when fighting leads to broken toys and tears, Llama learns that it's better to share"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,575,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible