dismiss

Motorcycle Man

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Dream Man (4)

3193758,494 (4.17)1
Tyra Masters has had enough drama to last a lifetime. Now she's back on track and looking forward to her new, quiet life--until she meets the man of her dreams...unfortunately, he's also her new boss. Kane "Tack" Allen has a rule. He doesn't employ someone he's slept with, so when he learns he spent the night with Tyra, his new office manager, he quickly fires her. Yet when Tyra stands up to him, Tack is intrigued, and tells her she can keep her job on one condition: no more sex. Ever. But as things heat up between them, Tack finds that he'll be the one breaking the rules.… (more)

May Contain Spoilers*

Motorcycle Man is the final and concluding book of the Dream Man series and my heart is SO sad because Tack and Tyra's book is over and no more dream man sexiness :( I just had a blast with these books and it should mean something when I read the series in order and can't function reading anything else. Kristen Ashley has won my heart AGAIN!!! These books were all amazing and I loved seeing the series come together in Motorcycle Man. Even though this isn't my favorite book of the series ( I might have had super high expectations after reading the Chaos series with Tack and Tyra) ---I believe that book one is still my favorite. However, I had a delightful time with Motorcycle Man and I didn't want to put this book down.

“Uh… you pledged your troth to me, Tack. It’s not like you don’t know I get feisty.”

“I pledged my troth,” Tack repeated.

“Yeah.”

“You just said I pledged my troth.”

“Yes, that’s what I just said.”

“What’s a troth?”

“I don’t know, I just know you pledged it.”

Tyra and Tack meet at a bar at a biker party, sparks fly and they have hot sex and then Tack practically kicks Tyra out of his bed. Which is typical of your badass alpha biker male but Tyra is emotionally hurt because she has quickly fallen for Tack. Which I understand, some people can't do the wham bam thank you ma'am one night stands (I am one of them, I get attached way too easily) so I understand that side of the heroine. Then she goes in to get a job as a office manager and who is her new boss....yep Tack and she knows she is in trouble because working for the man who broke her heart isn't the easiest. And Tack is a jerk to her at first, ordering her around and yeah I wanted to kick him at times because he is so mean at times. But then there is a slow turn around. He wants Tyra and will fight for her. (My favorite quote below....try NOT to cry....I dare you)

"You may not know this baby, but some men have dream women too."

“That movie you made me watch, first time at your house. Love and redemption. You said, ‘the most beautiful stories ever told are the most difficult to take’. You said that, Red. Right out. And I knew if you got that, when it was later and I shared my shit with you, you’d get me. I never thought my story was beautiful. I thought it was shit. But you said that and when you did, I saw it. The ride is not over but if I can keep my Club together and find a sweet, feisty woman who’s got my back and enough to her that she’ll stay there, holding me up not dragging me down, I figure I’d find my way to beauty eventually. And I’d find absolution because I’d know, I earned the love of that woman, a woman who’s got so much to her it’ll take years to dig down and find the heart of her, that would be my reward.”

Then we get to the sweet and delicious parts of the book where Tack goes after Tyra, proving his sincerity to her and introducing her to his children. And just seeing how much his kids Rush and Tabby just endear themselves to Tyra was so endearing. I loved seeing her relationship with the kids (who are in their late teens). But then we have the ex wife of Tack and she is horrid especially in how she treats her daughter. But Tyra is so bad ass when its needed and yeah you cross her or the people that she loves, watch out because she will kick your ass. I loved Tyra so much, and after seeing her character in the Chaos books, it was so fun to read her book and see her spirit and tenacity and what strong will that she has. She is the perfect match for Tack in many ways, she stands her ground especially when its something she firmly believes in. She learns how to "handle" her man and that loving someone isn't easy. We see some villains come into play and some we don't see coming and we see all four men come together when the Russian Mob comes after Tack and Tyra. Despite the fact that they all have different agendas, their women are very close, and they all have respect for each other and seeing them work together as if they were brothers was EPIC and we see this bond grow throughout the four books and loved seeing it in the conclusion.

All I can say is that this book is truly amazing packs quite a punch. What I adore about these two is their sassy interactions and the fun bantering and I adore the development of their relationship and seeing this family really come together during both the good times and especially the bad times. They close ranks and when some bad stuff happens, Tack and Tyra and the two kids really show their true colors and what family is ALL about and I loved seeing it in this book. I know that children aren't for everyone, but Rush and Tabby are older and more mature although they are still teenagers so they have their moments hehe but Tack and Tyra handle them so well.

We do see a growing plot dealing with the Russian Mob and seeing the ex wife show her true colors and seeing Tyra come face to face with what it means to be an old lady and the good points and the not so easy ones. Tyra isn't sure she can be the biker lady that Tack really needs, but she proves that she fits and the club brothers show her that she is as much a part of them as Tack is. She is so devoted to Tack and his family and even his brothers, she will fight for them and defend them even if she doesn't agree with their ways.

Life’s a roller coaster. Best damn ride in the park. You don’t close your eyes, hold on and wait for it to be over, babe. You keep your eyes open, lift your hands straight up in the air and enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Overall I found Motorcycle Man to be a hit for me, KA has done wonders with this book and I found Tack and Tyra's story to be truly an poignant and sassy romance that will leave you laughing and packed with good feels!! SENSATIONAL! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Motorcycle Man
5 Stars

After Tyra Masters spends a night of passion in the arms of Kane “Tack” Allen, leader of the Chaos motorcycle club, she is convinced that she has found the man of her dreams. Unfortunately, Tack does not share this conviction and easily dismisses her from his bed and his mind. Upon learning that Tyra is his new office manager, Tack attempts to fire her, but Tyra stands her ground and Tack soon realizes that their one night stand is about to become a whole lot more…

It is safe to say that Motorcycle Man not only lives up to its hype, but exceeds it.

Tack initially comes across as a complete jerk and there are moments when it is difficult to grasp what Tyra sees in him beyond his bad-ass biker persona. However, as the story progresses, more of Tack inner life is revealed and his connection with Tyra grows from the physical into the emotional.

Tara is an incredible heroine who has the temper to match her red hair. She not only holds her own against Tack’s alpha male superiority and possessiveness, but out maneuvers him again and again. It is a pleasure to see a man with such definite ideas about how a woman should react fall so hard for a mouthy spitfire who does not fit into the mold.

The secondary characters are wonderful as usual. None of the men in Tack’s club know quite what to make of Tyra and it is fun seeing them fall at her feet when she proves herself to them over and over. Tack’s teenage children, Rush and Tabby, are sweet and prove once again that Ashley knows how to write about kids, but the real highlight is the bond that has formed between the other dream men of the series - Hawk, Brock and Mitch.

The plot revolving around the Russian mob continues in a surprising direction and the resolution involves some truly heart-wrenching moments.

All in all, a fantastic conclusion to the series and I look forward to reading all of Ashley’s books in the near future. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
5 stars for the story, deducting one for the narration. This could be my least favorite narrator of all time. ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
Good characterization and also great comradery between all the alpha men of previous books. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
One of my favorite Kristen Ashely books so far. Still have the grammar errors, but if I can get over that an enjoy the story anyway, anyone can. The plot and characters followed the usual line for Ashley books but damn if I can't stop reading them. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Dear Ms. Ashley:

You were easily my biggest discovery this year, and probably my favorite. Sure, I gnash my teeth and moan about the editing and the weird writing ticks that you have, but I read your books over and over and I pimp them relentlessly on Twitter. So, as I started to come up with my Top 10 for 2012, I realized that I would have to include a Kristen Ashley book. I’ve read almost all of your books, and easily my favorite, the one I’ve re-read and recommended more than any other, is Motorcycle Man.

Kristen Ashleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Russell, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,281,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible