Legally Correct Fairy Tales by David Fisher

Legally Correct Fairy Tales (original 1996; edition 1996)

by David Fisher

Member:louisste
Title:Legally Correct Fairy Tales
Authors:David Fisher
Info:Grand Central Publishing (1996), Hardcover, 128 pages
Tags:Fiction

Legally Correct Fairy Tales by David Fisher (1996)

Middle of the road book. There were some stories that were pretty funny. I feel that a lawyer would really get a big kick out of this one. What if you could take your favorite nursery rhymes and stories and translate them into court speak and depositions. Some situations are pretty funny.

The first couple of stories were cute. After a while however, the premise gets boring. I mean, unless you had some vested interest in reading a law suit, how many of them would you be willing to read?

It is entertaining, and I would recommend this book...but it certainly did not "Wow" me. ( )
  DVerdecia | Jan 29, 2016 |
Amusing, but the author is almost too good at what he's doing. The legalese made my eyes glaze over between laughs. Very clever idea, though. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 22, 2014 |
To my mother, Sylvia Fisher, a mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother of lawyers. Enough is enough.
The Plaintiffs, Jack "Doe and Jill "Doe," both minors, do hereby allege that (1) they suffered grievous and permanent injuries when a steel bucket manufactured by the Defendant, Imperial Bucket Corporation, Proved to be of unsafe design and manufacture, and without proper safety guards, so as to allow it to be operated in an unsafe manner by these minors; and (2) the Defendant is guilty of such gross product liability as to be responsible for these injuries and therefore should compensate Jack and Jill for a sum greater than five million dollars ($5,000.000).

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,715,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible