Agent of Change by Sharon Lee
Fleeing the scene of his latest mission, former First-in-Scout Val Con yoa'Phelium saves the life of Miri Robertson, a tough ex-mercenary on the run from interplanetary assassins. Together, Val Con and Miri struggle to elude their enemies and stay alive without killing each other-or surrendering to the unexpected passion flaring between them.… (more)
Member:xanomon
Title:Agent of Change
Authors:Sharon Lee (Author)
Info:Ace (2002), Edition: reprint, 320 pages
Rating:***

Work Information

Agent of Change by Sharon Lee

A Matter of Oaths by Helen S. Wright (sandstone78)
    sandstone78: Fun, character-driven space opera.

2021 reread:
Before starting in on the newest book of this series, I thought that I would go back and refresh my memory. Though not the first in the internal chronology of the Liaden Universe, this book was the first in publication order and a great place to start. Even knowing (as I do now that I have read 22 of the 23 novels in this series) what was to come, it is an exciting story!
----------------
Interesting world & great protagonists. I look forward to reading more of this series! ( )
  leslie.98 | Jun 27, 2023 |
One of the very best. Very good sci fi of the space opera/adventure type with a very good romance. I want to belong to Clan Korval. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
It was going okay until they got off-planet. I bounced real hard off the rest - could not buy the relationship.

I also didn't care for side character POVs that weren't Edger. ( )
  Tikimoof | Feb 17, 2022 |
Lee, Sharon, and Steve Miller. Agent of Change. 1988. Liaden Universe No. 9. Baen, 2007.
Agent of Change is the first book set in Lee and Miller’s Liaden universe in which humanity has evolved into three distinct species. Espionage and organized crime are common. Even in this early book, Lee and Miller have found the formula that will power the series with its many sequels, prequels, and spinoffs for decades. Take two mismatched but competent and mutually attracted characters, put them in a dangerous situation, and let adventure and romance ensue. It is adventure scifi tried and true. Remember Han Solo and Princess Leia? In this case, the couple are Miri, a retired mercenary, now unemployed bodyguard, and Val Con, a smooth-talking, identity-swapping spy (a.k.a., agent of change). Together, they must deal with thugs of many stripes. Think James Bond and the Bond girl of your choice. Is it still readable? Sure. But don’t think too much about it. Three and a half stars for nostalgia’s sake. ( )
  Tom-e | Jun 22, 2021 |
I am very glad I didn't start the series with this book. Much darker than the ones which come earlier in the internal chronology and not really to my taste. ( )
  frfeni | Jan 31, 2021 |

Lee, Sharonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Miller, Stevemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Caploe, AndyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Herring, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hickman,StephenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Sharon Lee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,970,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible