A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A…

A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast of… (edition 2013)

by George R. R. Martin (Author)

Perfect for fans of HBO's Game of Thrones--a boxed set featuring the first five novels! An immersive entertainment experience unlike any other, A Song of Ice and Fire has earned George R. R. Martin--dubbed "the American Tolkien" by Time magazine--international acclaim and millions of loyal readers. Now here is the entire monumental cycle:   A GAME OF THRONES A CLASH OF KINGS A STORM OF SWORDS A FEAST FOR CROWS A DANCE WITH DRAGONS   "One of the best series in the history of fantasy."--Los Angeles Times   Winter is coming. Such is the stern motto of House Stark, the northernmost of the fiefdoms that owe allegiance to King Robert Baratheon in far-off King's Landing. There Eddard Stark of Winterfell rules in Robert's name. There his family dwells in peace and comfort: his proud wife, Catelyn; his sons Robb, Brandon, and Rickon; his daughters Sansa and Arya; and his bastard son, Jon Snow. Far to the north, behind the towering Wall, lie savage Wildings and worse--unnatural things relegated to myth during the centuries-long summer, but proving all too real and all too deadly in the turning of the season.   Yet a more immediate threat lurks to the south, where Jon Arryn, the Hand of the King, has died under mysterious circumstances. Now Robert is riding north to Winterfell, bringing his queen, the lovely but cold Cersei, his son, the cruel, vainglorious Prince Joffrey, and the queen's brothers Jaime and Tyrion of the powerful and wealthy House Lannister--the first a swordsman without equal, the second a dwarf whose stunted stature belies a brilliant mind. All are heading for Winterfell and a fateful encounter that will change the course of kingdoms.   Meanwhile, across the Narrow Sea, Prince Viserys, heir of the fallen House Targaryen, which once ruled all of Westeros, schemes to reclaim the throne with an army of barbarian Dothraki--whose loyalty he will purchase in the only coin left to him: his beautiful yet innocent sister, Daenerys.   "Long live George Martin . . . a literary dervish, enthralled by complicated characters and vivid language, and bursting with the wild vision of the very best tale tellers."--The New York Times… (more)
Member:purplegrayson
Title:A Game of Thrones / A Clash of Kings / A Storm of Swords / A Feast of Crows / A Dance with Dragons
Authors:George R. R. Martin (Author)
Info:Bantam (2013), Edition: Media Tie In, 5216 pages

A Song of Ice and Fire 1-5: A Game of Thrones, a Clash of Kings, a Storm of Swords, a Feast for Crows, a Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin

The Hedge Knight (Graphic Novel adaptation) by George R. R. Martin (MaxM82)
    MaxM82: The storry is set in the past of Vesteros, explaining the back storry of the targaryens and many other characters.

The first three books were terrific. Then I hit a wall. ( )
  dstephenc759 | Jan 20, 2021 |
I absolutely loved this series and the immense detail that the story has. The tale is epic (if that word is enough to describe it). However, for anyone who enjoys a more sophisticated fantasy that extends beyond the traditional gender roles (with exception of Brienne of Tarth and a few other notables), this may not always appeal. I binge watched the series and binge-read this collection. I had a great time and it was worth it. Now....Book 6......hint, hint, Mr. Martin. ( )
  Genxer | Dec 28, 2020 |
A Game of Thrones 5-Book Bundle: A Song of Ice and Fire Series: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, and A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

Whew, that was a lot to read: just under 3000 pages. What amazed me the most was how effortlessly GRRM keeps multiple parallel plotlines & perspectives moving without chaos (not sure how he keeps it all straight in his head!). In spite of (or maybe because of) a nasty habit of killing off prominent characters, GRRM spins a tale that keeps you guessing and wanting more all the time. And with 2 books still to come, there's clearly a lot left to tell and to look forward to. ( )
1 vote kapilgupta | Dec 14, 2020 |
Loved it, great series! ( )
  Tuke15 | Aug 8, 2020 |
A Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin

My son kept after me to read this series. We like similar genre of books, I kept stalling. He gave me a couple of the books and I have found the rest in the library. Finally, I started to read book 1. I could not get into it. I skipped ahead to page 763. I liked it there, so I went back to 422, still liked it, so I went ahead and returned to the beginning. Turns out, I do like the series. I normally don't care for a long series, too hard to get the books, would rather read a book and have conclusion right then and there.

A Game of Thrones, the series is an epic story of a fantasy land. Everything is well thought out as to the customs and dress and even the foods everyone eats. The political ties, the doctors, preachers, kings and queens everything is so interesting.

I like how the Lord's Name is never taken in vain. Hard to find many books these days that don't do that. A Feast of Crows does have the F*** word in it, which is surprising, it seems out of place to the rest of the series.

All in all, a pretty good series. Looking forward to seeing the series on DVD.

2 of the paperback books that I've read have split at their spine, one book had a whole 1/2" section that fell out of the book. One book was hardback, it is huge and heavy. I read in bed. The hardback book was dangerous for me to read in bed, I would doze off and get clocked in the face with the book! ( )
  HuberK | Aug 8, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Contains

Has the adaptation

This entry contains the first five volumes of "A Song of Ice and Fire". Some editions contained here contain the same five works in seven volumes, since "A Storm of Swords" and "A Dance with Dragons" are split in some editions.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,271,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible