Good News, Bad News by Jeff Mack

Good News, Bad News

by Jeff Mack

"Good News, Bad News" is the story of a rabbit and a mouse who travel outside to enjoy a picnic. The rabbit is the more optimistic character, and the mouse is more of a pessimist. The author only uses the words good news, bad news throughout the text and lets the illustrations do the story telling. Each page shows an event that happens that is a good thing, and an event that happens that could be considered bad luck! The animals have to see the bright side in their situation and find a way to enjoy their picnic after all!
  mkhazelton | Jul 10, 2017 |
This story flip flops between "Good News" and "Bad News" as A Rabbit and a Rat have a picnic together with increasingly negative consequences for the rat. The concept of each is reflected in the characters and their perceptions of events. Rabbit illustrates the benefits of optimism, while Rat is a pessimist. Rabbit shows a relative perspective between events, but Rat shows a perspective that interprets conditions on their without comparative effect. A good book for exploring the benefits of both perspectives.
  williamlong33 | Jun 11, 2017 |
Summary: A great children's book that focuses on the theme of both good news and bad news and how two different people can react differently to the same situation. Mouse is a pessimist while Rabbit is an optimist, and when the go on a picnic Mouse eventually makes Rabbit cry, but they make up in the end. Great moral for young readers too!

Personal commentary / Reflection: I absolutely loved the pictures in this book! The story was great- the Rabbit was so cute. I think I am a positive person at heart- the rabbit kind of reminded me of myself! Also I appreciate books that have a moral in them, and this one was unique in how it focused on looking at two views of the same situation. Perfect for younger kids who are just learning social skills and forming friendships! ( )
  JeffBunte | Jun 5, 2017 |
Review: This is a picture book that introduces the concept of how things can be seen as good or bad. The story is about a rabbit that brings a picnic basket lunch but it starts raining and they have trouble after trouble until finally the mouse makes the rabbit cry by yelling at him. But feels bad and retrieves the basket lunch to say sorry. Comments: The idea of bad news and good news is a great concept to introduce to children and this book does it with humor. Even though the only words in it are good news bad news the story is very vivid because of the distinct facial expressions on the two characters faces. I love the following use of humor in the where the two main characters and the bear chasing them get zapped by the lightning, with that piece the author technically introduces science too. I think the humor and the nice illustrations will keep the children engaged even though there is only three repeated words in the book basically. I think I might share this book with my preschool class. ( )
  Viona1987 | Dec 4, 2016 |
a rabbit and a rat go about their day with good and bad news as they are trying to have a picnic. eventually they have a very good news cause they get to have a picnic together.
1 book
  TUCC | Nov 28, 2016 |

While on a picnic, Bunny and Mouse see everything that happens to them from opposite points of view--Bunny sees only the good, while Mouse sees only the bad.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,515,259 books! | Top bar: Always visible