Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who:…
Member:evareads
Title:Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation 2 Volume 1
Authors:Scott Tipton
Other authors:David Tipton, J. K. Woodward
Info:IDW Publishing (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 104 pages
Tags:graphic novel, science fiction

Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who: Assimilation², Volume 1 by Scott Tipton

What a great first half. The art is amazing and I love the story. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
Strange and silly, much like I've come to expect of Doctor Who.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |
Well, that was super cool. The story starts in Ancient Rome with the Doctor and the Ponds going after an escaped alien who would have probably fried the Earth (ho hum). Then they find themselves in San Francisco, or is it.

Then we get to see what the Enterprise-D crew has been doing, dealing with, then everything from both universes comes together quite nicely.

Lots of Borg, lots of Cybermen. There's even a cute flashback with a previous Doctor and a previous Captain of the Enterprise.

It's a really well constructed crossover. Neither the Doctor Who characters or the Star Trek ones get more time, and then there's the cliffhanger. The second volume should be very interesting. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 4, 2018 |
I'm not a religious man but now I will be praying nightly to the crocodile headed god Sobek that this gets turned into a movie. I usually like my sci-fi to be fairly pure but this crossover title turned me into an instant fan-boy. I'm a huge fan of both properties and I think that they held up well when mixed together, especially considering the vastly different internal psyches of DW and ST:TNG (the chaos of the former vs the order of the latter). There are some problems with it, notably the need for alternate universes to house characters that are both connected to a recognizable planet earth in the same historical timeline, but the issues are mere quibbles when compared to the awesome idea of Star Trek and Doctor Who sharing the same page! Yes, that IS the TARDIS on the holodeck! OM, and very much, G. ( )
  MartynChuzz | Feb 22, 2016 |
What would happen if The Doctor consoled The Enterprise's Captain Picard on negotiating with the evil Borg ? The Captain has had enough of them, there is no trust between the races. He may have to learn to trust them they may be the only source of help in dealing with a threat the Cybermen. Things don't go easy, as they never do for the Doctor or the Enterprise. The Captain gets to know the Tardis, and takes a trip into the future.
It amazed me how easily how these two very different character worlds fit together as if they have always been. I really liked the mixing of the worlds and hope to see more of it. Nice graphics and a well written storyline.
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Scott Tiptonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lee, TonyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tipton, DavidAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Woodward, J. K.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Purcell, GordonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sharp Bros., TheIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history! When the Federation's most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor's most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale! Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themselves joining forces with the time-traveling Doctor and his companions, with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,452,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible