Redwing by Holly Bennett

Redwing (2012)

by Holly Bennett

27None399,357 (3)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed reading this book. Like other reviewers, I wish it was a little longer. I enjoyed the characters and the story. It was well written (which is always a plus in my book) and kept my interest though I felt there needed to be a bit more depth to the story. Samik being gay? was totally out of the blue. Holly Bennett has a lot of potential as a writer and I will be looking for future books. ( )
  psychobabble4u | Aug 17, 2012 |
***Spoilers***
This was a very good quick read. I loved the characters and the little adventures they went on. I only wish that this was waayy longer....maybe even a series. I wanted to hear more about the characters and spend more time with them.
Samik's attitude and Rowan's serious, mysterious nature made for some pretty funny dialogue. I was laughing through out the whole book.
And the whole thing with Samik liking Rowan and wanting to kiss him....that would have been fine but I just wish Bennett talked about it more....besides the one time. It didnt really go any where.
Some of the reviews said they thought it was for a younger audience...but I have to disagree. There is quite a bit of cussing and some scenes too mature for younger kids.
I miss Rowan and Samik...wish I could read more about them.
But I liked it and I am glad it is in my library. I will defiantly be reading Bennett's other novels.

Favorite Quote: "Crapped myself," Aydin said, "All the way down to my boots." ( )
  Mariah7 | Aug 17, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Redwing was an okay read. It was a little difficult to get into, but I pushed through. I really enjoyed the story and the characters, but there simply needed to be more. I felt like the ending was rushed, and it shouldn't have been. Redwing could have been much longer and filled with way more details. Yes, it was a good book. But it could use just a bit more of ... everything. ( )
  xLira | Aug 16, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I found it difficult to initially get into this book. Once I was able to get into the book it had some good ideas and characters. I think the plot and the descriptions needed more, but I also think that it was more because the books target was for a much younger reader. I did note that on the book it said tween. I loved the cover of the book. Overall I'm not disappointed that I read Redwing. I would recommend it for a much younger reader. ( )
  adezan | Aug 12, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Could not get into it at all. Read the first few chapters over and over. Thought the cover looked intriguing though. It isn't often that I can't finish a book. ( )
  JRlibrary | Aug 8, 2012 |

After Rowan's family dies from the plague, he struggles to survive on his own. When he mets Samik, they form an unlikely friendship.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Redwing by Holly Bennett was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,490,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible