Leopard's Prey (2012)

by Christine Feehan

Series: Leopard Series (6)

"From a tough stint in the armed forces to stalking the unknown as a bayou cop, leopard shifter Remy Boudreaux has been served well by his uncanny gifts. And right now, New Orleans could use a homicide detective like Remy. A serial killer is loose, snatching victims from the French Quarter with pitiless rage and unnatural efficiency. But something else is drawing Remy into the twilight--a beautiful jazz singer bathed night after night in a flood of bloodred neon"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Their similar names sometimes got tangled in my brain but I enjoyed their story, leopard cop, talented singer who's rich father abused and neglected her discovers she's leopard too. Strong alpha dominant male, rough, hot sex
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Features the same setting and people as book 5, Savage Nature. I love the setting in the swamps of Louisiana, and I loved how this is a murder mystery. These books are great when they have an actual plot and this one does. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
"I'm goin' to kiss you, Blue. So don' do anythin' rash."
She blinked at him. "Why?"
"Because I know a thing or two about makin' a public statement." His hand slipped to her throat, and he lowered his head that scant few millimeters to her mouth.
Time stopped for her. The ground under her feet shifted. He led her right over a cliff where there was no way back. Lights danced at the back of her eyes and her body seemed to melt against his. Her body didn't feel her own anymore. He'd lain claim to her and all he'd done was kiss her.

Christine Feehan has always been a must read author for me. I didn't like Paranormal romance until I read her Dark Series, and I fell in love. Then when she started on this shifter series of Leopards, I was captivated. I would say that Leopard's Prey is going to be added to the top of the list of favorites. From the previous book Savage Nature, we are introduced to the Boudreux family, and we see quite a bit of Remy, when I heard that the next book would be his story, I learned that patience was NOT one of my virtues. Now for those of you who haven't read this series yet, it isn't mandatory to read the previous books, but I would recommend reading Savage Nature before you read this.

Remy, as a homicide detective, has been searching for a serial killer, and he is determined to find him before he kills more. When he returns home from New Orleans, he comes across a woman he hasn't seen in years, but has constantly thought of Bijou or also known as "Blue". A Beautiful and mesmerizing Jazz singer, who is the daughter of one of the most popular rock and roll singers. On the surface most people see Bijou as stuck up and spoiled, but Remy knows that is far from the truth. He knows that she was raised in a home without a mother, and a father who only dragged her around for more fame and glory. But when she returns home, both he and his leopard are drawn to her, and he comes to the realization that she is his mate...his to protect and love. Bijou has had to do things in order to protect herself. She grew up with drugs and sex being a top priority to her father, but Remy showed her how someone can truly care about a person, and she was determined that her life would not be her fathers. Now she wants to sing Jazz and settle down at home. But there is a serial killer on the loose, and has focused on her. Remy is overwhelmed with his feelings for Bijou, but he will have to find the killer before he destroys everything that Remy holds dear.

Remy is a full on ALPHA male, he needs absolute obedience from those under him. When he discovers that Bijou is his mate, all of his leopard instincts go into overdrive, and he can barely control them. I loved that even though Remy likes control, he doesn't go all domineering on Bijou, he respects her and I loved how sweet and tender he is at times, but then other times he is very like a alpha male, but in a way that will make the room sizzle and spark. Remy just had me from page one. Bijou is very independent and strong willed, and the last thing that she wants is some alpha male trying to control her movements. I enjoyed how she stands up to him, and doesn't let him run over her. She does have some vulnerabilities that I found endearing in her, and I could help but love her and her strong spirit.

I absolutely adored Leopard's Prey!! An amazing story that reminds you of why Feehan is the queen of paranormal romance (at least for me she is). This one is probably one of her best work. A stellar story that has the pages filled with sensual romance, intensely packed suspense story, and a setting that is enriched with history and passion. A sexy read that everyone has to have in their library. A story that sparks from beginning to end, and will have you at the edge of your seat! You are in for one hell of a ride folks!! A AMAZING STORY TO MAKE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THE MAGIC OF NEW ORLEANS! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
Remy Boudreaux works as a homicide cop in New Orleans, he is good at his job but a serial killer from a past case has returned to town and to his old habits. Remy is determined to solve this case, he has been working on it for years and this time he will finish it. But he has a distraction in the form of Bijou Breaux, daughter of bad boy rocker Bodrie Breaux who is now deceased.

It was good to see Saria and Drake again. Always love Drake. This one was a bit more greusome and graphic with the murder scenes but excellently written. 3 stars for an enjoyable read.
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I didn't pick the murderer until near the end, so pretty good for keeping that going. I think that the cajun accent was probably not accurate. It didn't feel real to me anyway and I haven't spent a lot of time around it. It just felt like bad grammar was used by dropping the "t" off of don't and the "g" off of any word with ing on it. I do believe they would use a little bit more French words too. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Christine Feehanprimary authorall editionscalculated
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For Erin Galloway, with love
The bayou was no place for those faint of heart--especially at night.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,629,990 books! | Top bar: Always visible